Welsh Models Beverley

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Welsh Models Beverley

Post by IronMan129 »

Very nice!, good job mate!
Iv always liked the Blackburn Beverley!
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

I've stalled a bit as I've gone back to work this week. Not 100% yet, but I can manage light duties. I really must finish these 1/144th kits now that I've got them this far. That was a good few weeks of modelling there.
So many models, so little time.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

What a beautiful and unusual model. Nice one Chuck :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

This is looking terrific. Welsh have brought so many types to us that nobody else offers. Great to see one being built.

David
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Now that is a stunner. It looks HUGE!

Very nice paint job too. What paints did you use?
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Lovely and inspiring work Chuck.

To vac or not to vac, that is the question!
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
fearless frankie
Active Participant

Post by fearless frankie »

Nothing to fear with vacs only vacs themselves ( May have coined this from another quote )
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

fearless frankie wrote:Nothing to fear with vacs only vacs themselves ( May have coined this from another quote )
Just give us the vacs...

Nice work Chuck
Up in the Great White North
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Very nice work Chuck. Your models reminded me of this photo I took at RAF Hendon museum in about 1995; it's a real shame this one no longer exists...

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

I remember seeing that one in the summer of 76 with the Me262 next to it. Funny how the three main things I remember from that visit was the display of the RAF uniform converted for escape duties, the Beaufighter fuselage cut-a-way and the Victoria Cross Room which was very moving.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

It occurs to me that I still have this sitting on a shelf in 'M' Space.* I really must get better at finishing stuff.

*Terry Pratchett mentions 'L' Space, which is a dimension of the Library at Unseen University in the Disc World Novels. This is a space filled with books that appears to exist in another dimension. This dimension can be very dangerous to navigate.

I have decided that there is such a space in our modelling lives, too. I refer to it as 'M' Space. This is the space where all those unfinished models hide, until you need to get them finished. This may take many years. 'M' Space may also exist at the back of your stash. If you feel that you have walked almost 50 yards to get to the back of your stash in the attic and you only live in a modest sized house, you may have entered 'M' Space.

:shock:
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Chuck E wrote:It occurs to me that I still have this sitting on a shelf in 'M' Space.* I really must get better at finishing stuff.

*Terry Pratchett mentions 'L' Space, which is a dimension of the Library at Unseen University in the Disc World Novels. This is a space filled with books that appears to exist in another dimension. This dimension can be very dangerous to navigate.

I have decided that there is such a space in our modelling lives, too. I refer to it as 'M' Space. This is the space where all those unfinished models hide, until you need to get them finished. This may take many years. 'M' Space may also exist at the back of your stash. If you feel that you have walked almost 50 yards to get to the back of your stash in the attic and you only live in a modest sized house, you may have entered 'M' Space.

:shock:
Good to know there's another fan of Pterry on the forum. Unfortunately I don't think a Discworld GB would be feasible ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Discworld would need a lot of scratchbuilding, Dazz. You can get some figures and buildings, but I've not got any yet. I saw a nice one of 'Death' in a local shop. I may have to think about that one. Leonard of Quirm's designs would be a good area for scratchbuilding.
celt

Post by celt »

Wonderful job on the Beverley. :wanw I wish a company would do one in plastic, I can not do vacs at all. :sad:
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

celt wrote:Wonderful job on the Beverley. :wanw I wish a company would do one in plastic, I can not do vacs at all. :sad:
Your wish has been granted as MikroMir have done one. They also have the Argosy both civil and military versions in development.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “Aviation Modelling”