What if Aurodyne Industries DVLSA MkIII

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

What if Aurodyne Industries DVLSA MkIII

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

From my flickr page. This is in approximate 144th scale. One day I want to build a Braille Scale version........[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnomemeans ... otostream/
[/img]

g.
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
BlohmWolf

Re: What if Aurodyne Industries DVLSA MkIII

Post by BlohmWolf »

Your image is link needs to use the URL. Here is a fixed version:

And my, are those two Jumo jet engines strapped to the sides of a.....something?

Nevermind. Looks excellent!
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

That's...... interesting. I'm looking at it trying to work out what I can see.
Hellfires missiles (from an Apache kit). Tornado fuel tank. Harrier IFR probe. Could be a Tornado fuselage.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
gnomemeansgnome

Thanks Blohm. New here and still a bit of a Luddite with the digital age. The aircraft is a composite of the following......fuselage/empennage from Monogram 109th scale F-101 Voodoo, engine nacelles from 96th scale Monogram B-58 Hustler, cockpit canopy is a drop tank from US Airfix P-61 Black Widow, gun pods from Airfix OV-10 Bronco , cannon gondolas from 48th scale Monogram Focke Wulf FW-190A, drop tank from Matchbox Northrop F-5A, bombs are generic 25kg(?) German type, vectored thrusters are exhaust stacks from Airfix Mosquito, and the exhausts are disc brakes from a 25th scale AMT Chevy van. All other details are scratchbuilt or saved from the recycling box. Markings from the spares box. Originally built in 1979, but rebuilt twice, hence the Mk.III designation.
Back story......over 60,000 of these short to medium range attack/interceptors made by Aurodyne Industries in Syndon, Aurora from early 2060's till about 2100. A twin seat machine, the DVLSA was very popular with its pilots for its excellent maneuverability and ability to carry large payloads. Reconnaissance and heavy power-turret armed dedicated attack versions were also produced. A few were raced after being retired as well. This particular DVLSA served with the 5th Squadron of the 99th Attack Wing in 2068 and was lost on a mission in the fall of that year while taking part in an attack on the naval base at Basanjah, Alokia that saw the 5th lose five machines in a raid that put most of the Alokian battle fleet out of action at its moorings.
Ego no habeo consilium.

BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Intersting backstory.....

But how is it meant to land? Or does it hover in place until someone flies it away? :roll:
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

The gravitonic repulsors automatically zero at 0.1% of the planetary gravity field effect so the Mk.III always floats when it is at rest...not sure about the earlier marks...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
gnomemeansgnome

Ha ha! Awesome answer. Well, somewhere under there are the landing gear. If I ever get around to making a Braille Scale version I will be sure to show it doing a dirty.

g.
Ego no habeo consilium.

IvanV22

Post by IvanV22 »

Very interesting build and story, I like it.
Best from Ivan

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”