Ship o'hoy!

Boats, ships, submarines and things maritime.
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Ship o'hoy!

Post by Sissel »

Here are a few boat pics from the Happy Food (Gladmat) festival in Stavanger, as I promised earlier.

I arrived to the festival in the yacht Utopia :roll: :-D

MS Rogaland, built in 1929. Went aboard this for some fresh drinks, and nice view. A grill at the deck you could get lots of yummy stuff to eat. Didn't spend long time here this day, it was boiling hot on deck.

MS Sandnes, built in 1950. Enjoyed fish soup here one day, another day delicious king crab with white wine. Weather was perfect to sit on the deck. You could accomodate in this ship.

Aurora, tourists

Somebody took a wrong turn :-D (just had to sneak this in)

MS Rogaland and Utopia

Another cruise ship coming, Marco Polo

Aurora leaving (taken from the ferry going back to my island, we managed to keep up with her speed for a bit)

Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Ship o'hoy!

Post by PaulBradley »

So the idea is to eat food on different ships? Neat.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

No, not really. But there is the opportunity and it is very popular. There were atleast 3-4 ships with food and drinks.
I only put up pics of the ships here, not all the other stuff on the festival. There's a main stage/scene where there is lots of interesting things going on, like a celebrity chef duel. Obamas favorite chef (forgot his name) and Petter Stordalen (hotel king) etc. And other entertainment different places.
There's lots of stands everywhere and it's all about food. From all over the world, plus local specialites. It was nice to try Ethiopian food. Also tents, outdoor restaurants etc. put up, in addition to all the existing ones. So quite a lot to choose from.

But this is about the ships Rogaland and Sandnes. 'Escalated' from the thread 'What a great forum'.

:)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Watch out - we'll spin off a food thread from this one......
Paul

Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

Looks like it ws a lovely day! Being quite a way from any ports I've never really had a look at any cruise ships. Which is a shame!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

It was some great days. Any festival where ships are involved sure has me as a visitor. ;-)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Ian wrote:...I've never really had a look at any cruise ships...
A few from Croatia - if you want to see cruise ships, Dubrovnik is your holiday spot of choice...... :roll:

Here's one of the Costas:

Quite nice, except for the funnels...

A couple of nice yachts:

Tried to get the reg on the helo, but it was too far away for my little camera. :roll:

Split is a big ferry port, but also hosts large cruise ships, although they have to anchor offshore and tender. Here's something:

Someone with more knowledge than I can tell us who she belongs to. The ship, not the bathing beauty, that is..... :ha:

And some ferries:

Paul

Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Very nice, Paul! :grin:
I remember my time in Croatia, licking sun at the hotel terrace on a cliff, there were lots of ships and yachts passing by, this was up in Verudela/Pula.
And I swear I have a picture of that nice blue yacht somewhere! :lol:

I thought your 'mystery ship' looked like one of the Aida ships. But I now see it clearly doesn't, so I have no idea.

Speaking of cruise ships, they pass by almost daily here. From small to the largest in the world. Now we've had MS Eurodam stop over here twice in a short time, as the ship cancelled it's trip into the Hardangerfjord due to height of ship vs new hanging bridge being built (8th largest in world). The ship can go under with 1,5m clearance, but captain was worried cause of the work in progress on the bridge.

More boats:

Another good oldie, MS Ragnvald Jarl, built 1930, now Sjøkurs or NRK-båten (NRK is a TV channel here), don't have a full pic of the boat sorry it was rather crowded this day here on the island, and hard to get a good pic. I did get onboard for a small tour which was nice.

Here's Color Fantasy going down the Oslofjord, which I travelled with in 2011. Pics taken from Huk, a bathing spot. It was warmer than it looked, and I ran out of the water to get these pics!

Passing by Dyna Lighthouse

Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

PaulBradley wrote:Image
That's where I left it!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....

Return to “The Shipyard”