Which is the best Airfix boxart?

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Zee28
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Which is the best Airfix boxart?

Post by Zee28 »

There's been some great choices here, can't disagree with any of them. I also love the Stirling being bombed up, and it's an even better surprise when you open the box and find you get the bomb trailers and tractor in the kit! :)

But I think just for sheer impact and use of colour I like this one:

Also, speaking as a Londoner, this one really makes my heart sing, London landmarks combined with one of my favourite and unique aircraft:

Zee
bilby1968

Post by bilby1968 »

This recent pick up certainly makes the cut for great Airfix box art

3 on the bench at anytime............well sometimes!!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Boombox wrote:ive loved the lancaster boxart so much that i wanted the fine art print. but oh god it is expensive in india. A 40 pound shipping fee!
That's a shame Rohit....my daughter is in India now for a month & would have been able to have posted it inside India if we'd known..... :sad:
I'm sure it could still be done cheaper.... Royal Mail Value Service to Zone 12 for 1kg is about £24 for example (And that still gives £100 compensation as standard)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Zee28 wrote:There's been some great choices here, can't disagree with any of them. I also love the Stirling being bombed up, and it's an even better surprise when you open the box and find you get the bomb trailers and tractor in the kit! :)

But I think just for sheer impact and use of colour I like this one:

Also, speaking as a Londoner, this one really makes my heart sing, London landmarks combined with one of my favourite and unique aircraft:

Zee

Totally agree with the RotoDyne, it looks like something out of a Gerry Anderson series!
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...

Return to “Small Talk”