Gaming

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Re: Gaming

Post by Ian »

I spent many long happy evenings role playing too. My Priest (Vultarn) was rock hard! Mostly D&D but we did some CyberPunk too.
I enjoy board wargames - Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader, TAC Air.
I also enjoy Magic The Gathering (usually with the little Ians)
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sorry, but apart from some of the tabletop games, I haven't got a clue what you are all on about. Maybe I'm missing out here :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
BlohmWolf
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by BlohmWolf »

ShaunW wrote:Sorry, but apart from some of the tabletop games, I haven't got a clue what you are all on about. Maybe I'm missing out here :grin:

Here is an idea Shaun, go to this website here:

http://store.steampowered.com/;

And take a good look around at many of current games they have in stock. They are all downloadable, without need of a disk. I've been on it for over 3 years, and it's fantastic and has become literally mainstream.

If you want something great to start with, get either Half life 2 or Team Fortress 2.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
iggie

Post by iggie »

I used to play Sudden Strike a lot, with the add-on package, but lost interest when they released Sudden Strike 2, and nowadays I don't seem to have the time for anything other than work and a bit of modelling (He says while at his desk looking at this forum, supposedly working on a scaffold design required for a job on Thursday morning..... :roll: )
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

I just picked up Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for only 8 AUD today. It's really great so far.

Especially with anime colour schemes....
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

despondman wrote:I am currently playing, or trying to play, RAF, a solitaire Battle of Britain board game.
Here is the link to the RAF game on BoardGameGeek http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3202/raf.
An utterly brilliant game, the tension as the Luftwaffe pounds your airfields day after day is great; It takes up a lot of room but is well worth getting.

I play a fair amount of board games and table top, currently trying to master the old pc game Starfleet Command.

If you want a fun board game, Zombies is good.
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Another fun board game is "Awful Green Things From Outer Space". :)
Up in the Great White North
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

For "smartphones" (and I think other devices), the puzzle game TrainYard or TrainYard Express are really fun, or will be if I can get past the one I'm stuck on ...

I also got the old Infocom Lost Treasures - Zork and other text adventures - now I have something to do in meetings :)
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

Along the same lines, I can recommend Open TTD (http://www.openttd.com;), an open-source and free re-creation and development of 1994 transport management game Transport Tycoon Deluxe...
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B

Return to “General Chat”