Re: Man Caves

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Modeller Caves

Post by celt »

Here is my cave as my wife calls it,my son moved out and I moved in.Before this I used to do models on a tray in the living room.After countless spills on the carpet my wife was glad for me to have a room to do my toys!! :grin:
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Looks tidy enough.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Here's a peek at my humble corner.
The very meager stash.....ImageImage

And my display case hand built by me from some scrap birch plywood I had left over from a project at workImage

I do my airbrushing in my unfinished cellar, so there's a lot of up and down stairs.......good cardio.

That's it. Someday I hope to make my space a little more user friendly but till then I just make the best of it.
Thanks for looking,
Greg
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

That's a really nice looking workspace you have there Greg - much nicer than my corner of the table
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

Nice desk and set up! And your display cabinet is excellent!
I have a tray on my knees in the lounge......mainly because I can model while being in the same room as Mrs iggie; we spend too long apart with our respective work during the day to spend evenings apart too!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Thanks. Yeah I sometime will open a folding table and work on a model in the living room next to my Mrs.
Corricon

Post by Corricon »

Not really a Modeller Cave I suppose, but 5 separate spaces if you count the loft.
First the stash, hidden behind the doors of 2 wall cupboards in the utility room:

plus around 4 to 5 large boxes full in the loft :twisted:

The display area in the study come movie room:

The modellers toolkit and spares boxes behind this:

ImageImage

at the other end of the study/movie room.
Then finally the area at the Study end of the room where the construction happens, until the study becomes a study again when any of the family happen to be working at home, then I get relegated to the dining room table, but not allowed to do anything but assembly and decals :evil: :

A bit spread out but seems to work when I'm left alone!!!
Steve
Now a full time modeller!
Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

It is not much for modellers cave but a 10 dollar bin as organized it for the time been.

Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

I increased my work space with a folding table that i was using for my bike tech workshop.

The idea is use the folding table for paint and experiment with my new air brush.

My main table i will use for assembling models. gluing and sanding. I bought a photo booth cube and will set up it on this table.

This will be my painting station either by hairy sticks or airbrush.

i made room for my storage bin and letter box bins with my paints in them.

My porter cable compressor is on my patio and have long hose going from 1/4 to 1/8 airbrush hose.

I have a water filter and regulation attach to the line and should be able to run 12-18 psi from a large tank which should be more than enough

air for tons of models in one sitting.
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

After more than 20 years of bouncing around from one unsatisfactory, cramped rental unit to another, I finally have a man-cave!

I have to share it with my mistress, as you can see in the photo below, but that's fine by me :mrgreen:

I am no longer limited to building at the dining table and having to pack and unpack continuously. There's also more than enough light because I can just bolt floodlights to whatever surface I see fit. I may even get adventurous and finally pull out the airbrush I've owned for nigh-on 15 years but never used :shock:

Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
Mtchllro
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Mtchllro »

Here’s my hole.
It’s supposed to be half of the Garden shed
But the garden tools etc seem to encroach hourly.
Here’s a closer view

As for the stash behind the spray booth are 5 or 6 banana box’s the draws as you walk in are full along with a few in the loft
I think I might be close to sable’ing.
I know two things and neither are right.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Ok so after a complete overhaul here is mine and Sal's Modelling area:
This is the main work area with the Airbrushes and compressor, new sprey booth and the new courner desk I was give as a farthers day present has good space for paints and things on the shelves available.
Under the desk is a part time stash over flow after a recent visit to Marky's Model Emporium:
A seat out of Nimrod XV249(certificate says so) sits infront of the desk(pic was taken on my 21st birthday as my late Nan bought it for me):
To the left sits a large glass display cabinate with 2 sliding door storage units which are mostly paint, primer and other bits, a very small but very nice display unit and 3 plastic draw units infront of them to create a closed space, other modelling bits and bagged kits.
The walls hold some very close subjects to me, my squadron print collection, a Large Sea Harrier picture that was bought for me when I was very small by my Dad(I was small at one point!), an awesome Harrier calender off Sal and a gift off a dear friend, a replica mission board from the morning of the Dambusters raid with all the 617 squadron pilots who flew the mission:
To the right is an old kitchen cupboard unit I claimed when it was replaced which houses bottled cleaners, all bottlea of Klear and other things aswell as most urgent supplies in the draw at the top.
My Iron Man wall collection and Sal's Batman wall collection is up top too:
In the "was spare bedroom" now our Son's room we have 6 large and 2 small Ikea display cabinates
And a cupboard in the kitchen is acting as a stash hold:
And thats it.
Hope I haven't bored anyone too much but I thought id just do a quick walk through of our work area.
Thanks for reading!
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

It is far too clean and tidy, stop it and mess it up!!!!. I recognise a lot of the models in those pics, wherever did you get them from? :ha: :ha: :ha: .
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Are you renting storage space there Mark? :ha:
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Kitaholic wrote:Are you renting storage space there Mark? :ha:
It's the perfect crime!, less models here, less complaints on how many I have :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.

Return to “Workbench Window”