Spray Booth Question

Hints here for painting, decalling, weathering and displaying your finished models.
Tarkas
Active Participant

Spray Booth Question

Post by Tarkas »

With Telford coming up, I'm thinking of getting a spray booth so that I can use my airbrush more. Anyone have any recommendations?

Given my budget (I'll say now that the £1000+ one on Amazon is right out! :roll:), I'm initially thinking of a portable booth, though most of the ones I have seen are a bit smaller than what I would like, given my druthers. I'd like to be able to get an 18-inch model in there, but most commercially available booths look to be about 16 inches wide. Regardless, I'd be interested to know what people think of the booths they have seen and/or have.

Thanks in anticipation,

Phil
Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox, sometimes...
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Spray Booth Question

Post by Dazzled »

I use a cheap spray booth bought from eBay for about £50 but instead of using it on a bench I use an old small wardrobe carcase with a desk inside it as a booth and have the extractor scrwed into the top with it's filters removed. It's adequate for most spray jobs although I do have to wear a mask for big area jobs like Klear.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Finishing Tips”