Sign-up and Chat

Aircraft designed to a primary mission/function as a bomber - any kit, scale, etc ... No whiff's, but prototype and experimental are allowed.
GB runs 17 June - 30 July and your host is iggie.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by iggie »

DazDaMan wrote:Sod it, the B-25 it is....
Good man! Great choice :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Mr. iggie Sir,
Judgement call required please.

I have the Revell 1/32 Ju88 A-4 which has been previously started way back when and then abandoned. A few parts stuck together and some RLM66 applied to interior parts but that is all - probably 95% still to complete.

Can I play or not please?!

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
iggie

Post by iggie »

Al, as far as I can see from your picture and words there has been minimal work carried out and so I have no problem with you entering this for the GB.
Good luck :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

iggie wrote:Al, as far as I can see from your picture and words there has been minimal work carried out and so I have no problem with you entering this for the GB.
Good luck :grin:
Thanks mate ;-)
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Hi iggie, would it be too late to join this?

Funny but I've never built a bomber, but I'd like to know how you define one - I assume tactical 'attack' or 'ground support' aircraft (such as an A-4 or a Strikemaster) are outside the 'Spirit' of the GB?

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

It's never too late Stuart, especially when the GB leader has still to decide on his build choice :roll: :oops:

The original brief was aircraft designed from the outset to carry bombs as a primary function, so that would tend to exclude tactical or support types.
I hope you'll be able to find something that will allow you to join in and break your duck on the bomber front!

And i promise to be building soon, once a certain Camel is finished and I make my mind up on a build....... :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Thanks iggie!

Just thinking what I have in the stash...

I have the VC Icons set
Lancaster B.II
Tornado GR.1 x2.

I'm thinking one of the kits from the VC icons set, as I've never built a multi engined (piston) aircraft either.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Sorry chaps, given where I'm up to with the camels for my own GB, there's just no way a Gotha is going to come together by the end of this one. I must listen to the voice of sanity and regretfully withdraw.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
SouthEast Aviation99
Getting well comfy!

Post by SouthEast Aviation99 »

Debating possibly building an Airfix Heinkel III P2 for this GB.
I might need it for filmmaking, so it'd be a good opportunity to get it made I think. We'll see.
Forever Thinking outside the box
iggie

Post by iggie »

VickersVandal wrote:Sorry chaps, given where I'm up to with the camels for my own GB, there's just no way a Gotha is going to come together by the end of this one. I must listen to the voice of sanity and regretfully withdraw.
It would have been great to see the Gotha built (especially as I have one and was relying on you VV to lead the way :roll: :-D ) but time as ver is always a pressure, let alone when real life comes into the equation as well. Good luck with the Camels!
Best wishes

Jim
iggie

Post by iggie »

So, a couple of weeks left, how are we all doing? :-D

I'm making up ground after a late start, and (touch wood) on track to complete on time..... :roll:

Don't forget everyone to look in on each others builds and offer some support and comment :grin: :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:So, a couple of weeks left, how are we all doing? :-D

I'm making up ground after a late start, and (touch wood) on track to complete on time..... :roll:

Don't forget everyone to look in on each others builds and offer some support and comment :grin: :grin:
Got the B-29/Washington painted yesterday, well sprayed silver. Just the undercarriage and painting the clear parts. Oh and adding the gunner domes, decals, aerials etc and tail gun windows.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

Just throwing this out there.....

If.... IF.... I would be allowed to add my CASA Heinkel to the proceedings, then I'll try to get some work done on it before the deadline.

I do realise, however, that the deadline is only 12 days away, but the CASA has only some minor work done to it (painting mostly).

Would this be allowed to participate? I'm not sure I'd get it done, but I'll give it a try.

Oh, and there's no instructions, either! :grin:
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
iggie

Post by iggie »

DazDaMan wrote:Just throwing this out there.....

If.... IF.... I would be allowed to add my CASA Heinkel to the proceedings, then I'll try to get some work done on it before the deadline.

I do realise, however, that the deadline is only 12 days away, but the CASA has only some minor work done to it (painting mostly).

Would this be allowed to participate? I'm not sure I'd get it done, but I'll give it a try.

Oh, and there's no instructions, either! :grin:
As long as when you say minor it's only a couple of pieces glued, or say the cockpit assembled, then I'm cool with that and it would be great to see something from 'the other side' to go with Beany's '88 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

I had a look at the CASA-Heinkel's bits, and I think it's only some interior paintwork that's been done.

Check it out...
Everything's there, including the Lancaster engine nacelles I'll need for the conversion.

Everything, that is, except for the instructions....! :grin:
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!

Return to “Bombing Aircraft”