>> Photobucket discussion thread << FIXED APPLIED

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: >> Photobucket discussion thread <<

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

lancfan wrote:Piecemeal editing locked threads such as Group Builds will be a nightmare for the moderators, is there a way to unlock them so that we can each edit our own posts whilst still preventing new posts being made?

David.
Yes, I can do that, individually.

It would be most helpful for members to go through and make a list those GBs with your builds that you wish to edit. Don't try to do them all at once.

Let me know when you wish to start on a batch of GBs, I'll set you up, then let me know when you are done.

There is no rush and be careful.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by fredk »

This is good to know.
Once I have located the GB photos, put them into my new host site and sorted them I can start
As a certain Mr Oates once said 'I may be some time'
I presume the unlocking of a GB will cover the gallery, previous built and reference sections too?
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

OK, lancfan has updated a half-dozen of his GB build-threads so we have a process that works, sort of.

What we didn't think of is other PB-using modellers posting pix in his build thread - those are still the dreaded PB-message.
Frankly, that can be too complex to even manage, so I'm more than happy if we get modeller content and images in the threads, plus the galleries, fixed up as best possible.

Anyone else want to try, let me know.
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Thanks for that work around James and yes I did understand it. :lol:

However like many I have tired of PB's draconian ways and excessive ads so I have opened an IMGUR account as its in my price range (Free).

I very quickly tired of downloading individual pics though and after a quick search found this rather nifty Chrome plugin called 'Photobucket Album Downloader'. Cost a princely sum of £1.50 but has saved me loads of time. It works like a charm, downloading your pics into a .zip file with the same name as the album and I am currently downloading all my albums before sacking of PB.

Here is the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pelc?hl=en

Hope this is of use to others and apologies if this solution has been posted before.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Stevehnz
Active Participant

Post by Stevehnz »

I've just come to this thread after finally taking some action to upload many of the photos previously on PB onto Flickr. I see Johns post above about unlocking selected thread & I'll avail myself of that offer before too long hopefully, I've done my portfolio on ATF & noticed several have links to here & for sheer bloody mindedness, I'd like to stick it to PB, flaming social & cultural vandals. I haven't been around much this year, it has just been that sort of year & the whole PB thing was a porthole along the way I didn't need. I'm hoping this is a small step to some better participation. :)
Steve.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Is there something going on with PB? All of the photographs hosted by them that went AWOL (along with everyone else's) on my old Workbench Window thread (not the new 2018 version!) seem to have magically reappeared. Has PB had a change of heart?
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

I have just finished transferring my pictures to SmugMug and changed all of my forum PB image links. With over 3,500 UAMF images to swap over I knew this would take some time and before that could happen they needed to be sorted out into separate build folders and build years and also the Photobucket catalogue codes needed removing to restore them to my original titles, luckily I had a weeks leave that needed to be used up so the downloads and sorting was done then, I decided that the retitling would be done piecemeal as needed. Some of the image sets were quite easy to download and sort as the subjects were obvious but others were not- I have made quite a number of Spitfires, Mustangs, Sea Furies to mention just three favourite subjects and the images and titles were annoyingly similar, these images were simply dumped into a common folder to be sorted later. Eventually this was all done, some 40+ images don't seem to have a home (which I may find in odd places at some point) but given the total this is an acceptable number, all my PB folders were emptied and deleted before I shut the account down so I do know nothing was left behind. Now to the up side of all this, not only do I now know where to find the images for any build but also in which year I built it, one major and quite enjoyable advantage of doing this work has been the opportunity to read through all my old builds as I edited them- to remind myself of the methods I used then and also to remember the DNF builds I had forgotten about and can now complete in due course.
My thanks go to John for being so patient as I sent each list of builds to be unlocked.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

No, David, the thanks go to you for undertaking this; it's been a real pleasure working with you on it.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Well done, I've got through ~25% of my builds but have stalled recently due to lack of time. I will be going back and finishing things off.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: >> Photobucket discussion thread << UPDATE PLEASE READ

Post by JamesPerrin »

#### ATTENTION #####

Tonight ( Mon 30 April ~22:00 BST ) we will be applied a site wide remedial fix to Photobucket image urls. This fix will apply change the ".jpg" part of the url to ".jpg~original".

Please note the following:

* The fix doesn't work for every photobucket link, these images will appear as a broken links and not the Photobucket "ransom" image.

* the fix is applied per post, not per image link therefore posts that contain links to other hosting sites as well as Photobucket will get "~original" append to the ".jpg". The Admin team will attempt to identify and correct as many of these as possible after the fix is applied. If you find an image link of yours that is broken that you believe shouldn't please either edit it yourself and remove the "~original" or send the post's link (not the topic's) to the Admin team.

* We don't know how long this fix will work for, Photobucket could block it at any time. We would still encourage you to migrate you images to an alternate hosting platform.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: >> Photobucket discussion thread << UPDATE PLEASE READ

Post by JamesPerrin »

The change has been applied to nearly 30,000 posts! Hopefully this has largely improved the situation with old threads. Unfortunately many people have deleted their PB accounts and we cannot recover those images.

Please make the admin team aware of any issues as soon as possible.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: >> Photobucket discussion thread << FIXED APPLIED

Post by JamesPerrin »

We have fixed the collateral damage to image links, mainly in the gallery section. Again please contact the admins if you become aware of any problems.
fredk

Photobucket photos re-appearing

Post by fredk »

Over on Britmodeller there are some reports that some photos hosted on Photobucket are suddenly re-appearing in threads.
Some people are not sure if everyone can see them or just the owner

I have no photos on Pb to check.
Perhaps some of you still have photos lodged on Pb and can check?
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Kitaholic

Re: Photobucket photos re-appearing

Post by Kitaholic »

pics have re-appeared on this one.

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=293&t=10840

Check if you can see them
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Photobucket photos re-appearing

Post by JamesPerrin »

I don't know about PB in general but as far as this forum is concerned we applied a workaround to all the PB images on this site a couple of weeks ago http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=358788#p358788;

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”