Profile Picture: Use BBCode to display a picture on your pro

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
Michael modeller 48

Profile Picture: Use BBCode to display a picture on your pro

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Profile Picture:
Use BBCode to display a picture on your profile page, eg "Image"

I have a jpeg i want to use as my avatar.

however I do not what or how a BBcode is???

Can anyone help?
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Profile Picture: Use BBCode to display a picture on your

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Profile picture and avatar are two different things. Both are set by going to the User Control Panel, which I assume you've found already.

Your profile picture only shows if someone goes to view your profile. BBCODE is a shorthand HTML. I am going to use { } instead of [ ] to avoid confusing the posting system. In your profile, in "edit profile", where you found that instruction, just enter (using [ ] not { } ):
{img}the-url-of-your-image.jpg{/img} and it will show on your profile. Note you have to host that picture somewhere the board can find it, it does not make a copy thereof.

For the avatar, which appears in the upper left of each post, you would go to your profile, select "edit avatar". The limits are shown and you have two options -- browse from your machine or provide a URL to it (without the BBCODE IMG stuff).

LMK if this sorts it for you.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Michael modeller 48

Thanks John, I do not know how to write HTML. Just click on a picture and load it from a photo loader?

I have found edit profile and edit Avatar but it seems all the photo i want to post are to big in size. Has to be small that 12 something...

I do not know how to resize it... i try to put the dimensions to 120 x 120 pixels or something like that...

I do not have my logo hosted any where...can I just get something posted on the web and use that as a Avatar...I do not know how to host a photo?

So it type [ and ] but not sure what code to type for my photo or does the website type the proper code?
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

OK, Michael.
I understand you do not have any photo editing app/program that would allow you to resize a photo ?
I understand you do not have any photo hosting site, other than the postimage add-on which we host ?
OK, let's see what we can do.
Could you 'post' the images you want for your avatar and your profile image to postimage ?
And then include them in a reply to this post so I can snag them; I'll try to fix things up.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Michael modeller 48

Attn: John

Re: Michael Modeller's Avatar photo:

Michael modeller 48

thanks John for your help. Getting better at using BBcode and resizing photo using the export feature of iphoto

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”