Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Post by iggie »

Maverick231 wrote:Iggie were are you finding these kits in the Works?!
I've been looking in all the stores I've found and haven't seen any.
They were on-line offers, I'm not sure if they were in store at all....

Online here: (Courtesy of Fred's original thread)
https://www.theworks.co.uk/c/we-love/airfix
https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/clearance- ... VEME10&t=t

There appears to be some stock left! You know you want to............ :ha: :ha:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

If the Magister was at their original price of £3.50 I would have done haha.
Thanks Iggie!
Spaceowl

Post by Spaceowl »

Couple of new things since I last posted:

One's obviously the Tamiya (ex-Italeri) Mig-29 which is going to be part of my Ethiopian War project, the other is a Heller Mirage F-1C courtesy of Old Tonto (cheers mate), along with a brass fret for a Skyraider and (a little bit too late for the O-2 build, which sorely needed it) a bottle of Glue n' Glaze.
Nothing special really, just a bit of an update.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Well. I did intend not to go buying kits for a while but as they say about best laid plans....
The Islander was one of those "at that price I would be stupid not to" moments. The Bat I have one almost finished but can't find so when I saw it I got it anyway.
The Chipmunks.....well its rude not to. Besides, the bagged Airfix one was from the collection of my good friend Steve Hague who sadly passed away some time ago. I wil build in memory of him.

All the best.

Greg
Attachments
20170913_174508.jpg
20170913_174508.jpg (135.53 KiB) Viewed 461 times
20170913_145646.jpg
20170913_145646.jpg (126.14 KiB) Viewed 461 times
20170913_174241.jpg
20170913_174241.jpg (115.28 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

As much as I am desperately trying not to add to my stash, I stumbled across this on Trademe. I never saw any of the Airfix rail kits when I was growing up but I did like to look of the Biggin Hill when someone build one here a year or so back. @ $10 how could I resist or go wrong..?

It looks awesome inside, and survived a good drenching when the idiot postman left the mailbox door open in the rain because the package was too big for the door to close...so hard to get good help these days...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

SJPONeill wrote:Image

As much as I am desperately trying not to add to my stash, I stumbled across this on Trademe. I never saw any of the Airfix rail kits when I was growing up but I did like to look of the Biggin Hill when someone build one here a year or so back. @ $10 how could I resist or go wrong..?

It looks awesome inside, and survived a good drenching when the idiot postman left the mailbox door open in the rain because the package was too big for the door to close...so hard to get good help these days...
I have one in the stash if you fancy a shared build.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Will be keen in a wee while, Splash...my resolution is not to start any new builds until I finish at least one started model (and we all know my track record on THAT!) plus real life is still a little character building at the moment (but improving)...hope to be firmly back on the path of truth and light by Christmas (this year)...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

Picked up the Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter TF Mk.X in Sheffield today.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
Spaceowl

Post by Spaceowl »

Falcon wrote:Picked up the Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter TF Mk.X in Sheffield today.
Whereabouts? I never could find a model shop in Sheffield - is this one I've missed?
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

SJPONeill wrote:Will be keen in a wee while, Splash...
Keep me in mind when you do ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

My modest haul of two kits from Farnborough Modelfest at the weekend, not bad for £12 each IMHO.

Felicity Shagwell will go nicely with the Austin Powers car and figure that I already have.

The Felicity figure comes pre-painted, as does Austin in the other kit I have.

The red striping decals are cracked to pieces, so I will probably use them as templates for tape masks and spray the red instead.

This having a very classic look was a no brainer for me - never had it before and it looks to be a nice little kit.

The instructions tell you the scale is 1/110 and the platform is actually collapsable, so there are many parts that say Do Not Cement - I will because I can't see me ever wanting to show it lowered, but it is a nice - of it's time - kind of novelty feature.

I had more money to spend but neither the traders of the under the table sellers had anything I was really interested in so I'll save my money for Telford!
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

My favourite steam loco - I still vaguely remember them in the flesh when I was about 5 or 6. They used to stop right outside our house which was adjacent to the Waterloo to Bournemouth main line as there was a (mechanical) signal gantry a few hundred yards along from out house (Up direction, just south of Farnborough, Hants).

There are several still running in preservation and with main line certificates, so they are not hard to see over here. Look forward to seeing your build of it!

Cheers
Al.

Edit: Just found a scan of a print I took about 30 years ago on the Mid Hants Railway of the same class of loco.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

beany wrote:

My favourite steam loco - I still vaguely remember them in the flesh when I was about 5 or 6. They used to stop right outside our house which was adjacent to the Waterloo to Bournemouth main line as there was a (mechanical) signal gantry a few hundred yards along from out house (Up direction, just south of Farnborough, Hants).

There are several still running in preservation and with main line certificates, so they are not hard to see over here. Look forward to seeing your build of it!

Cheers
Al.

Edit: Just found a scan of a print I took about 30 years ago on the Mid Hants Railway of the same class of loco.
This would make a good subject for a single kit group build or as a shared build as the kit is still available from Dapol.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

There was one at the IMPS Chiltern show and I didn't get it. Probably should have done!!. There was also a City of Truro kit to. Never mind..... :roll:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Not so much getting unfeasably large, but showing it already is..
I got this crazy idea to find a new house, and although progress in that respect is made at tectonic speed, I've started de-cluttering the current one in preparation for sale. 25 large boxes of stash moved to temporary storage later, and the stash still in place doesn't look significantly smaller.
I really need to grow up or something :roll:

Or win the lottery, so I can be properly excentric in a mansion somewhere :-D

Return to “Small Talk”