A pair of Frogs

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

A pair of Frogs

Post by celt »

These are my first models built in awhile,both are done with a hairy stick and Humbrol acrylics.

Not up to the standard of the models usually posted on this forum but I enjoyed making them.

Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Re: A pair of Frogs

Post by Crashpilot »

At least you took some decent colour - I`m about to finish a Frog Spittie, and I messed her up with flaky paint :-(
Yours look really clean, compared to mine!
I´ll try to distract from my bad paint job, by weathering a bit more than usual...
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
celt

Post by celt »

Crashpilot wrote:At least you took some decent colour - I`m about to finish a Frog Spittie, and I messed her up with flaky paint :-(
I´ll try to distract from my bad paint job, by weathering a bit more than usual...
Hi Crashpilot,all my models look good from six feet,any closer and the flaws are obvious.I don't post very often as my models are not good enough for this forum,These two I got lucky, they look decent from six feet.
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Wow! That is a neat pair.
The Vengeance is particularly handsome!

Cheers,

David
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Nice.

I have both of them on my "to do" list.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

celt wrote:
Crashpilot wrote:At least you took some decent colour - I`m about to finish a Frog Spittie, and I messed her up with flaky paint :-(
Hi Crashpilot,all my models look good from six feet,any closer and the flaws are obvious.I don't post very often as my models are not good enough for this forum,These two I got lucky, they look decent from six feet.
I think we've told you before, don't worry about standards, we'll like them whatever!!. These two look smart and neat, thanks for putting them on.
:grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

MarkyM607 wrote:
celt wrote:
I think we've told you before, don't worry about standards, we'll like them whatever!!. These two look smart and neat, thanks for putting them on.
:grin:
I fully agree, the best thing about this forum is the fact no one worries about the standard of the builds on display, we have all been there and got the T-Shirt, please do show us your builds, if they are anything like these two cracking builds, you should be proud to display them.

I’m a great fan of the old Frog kits, they are simple but do tend to have accurate shape and can still be found for much less than the more complex modern versions of the same subjects, plus Frog issued lots of subjects not made by the other manufacturers.

Keep up the great work.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Yep, keep 'em coming Ken, especially as you'll be building classic kits all the way now and they are always good to see
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
gengriz
Active Participant

Post by gengriz »

Both look rather good to me!
50+ years of modelling: http://www.gengriz.co.uk
Recently retired after completing the biggest and most amazing construction kits in the whole world, EVER:
http://youtu.be/2syAt3jXq4s[/color]
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Don't put yourself down - those are two cracking builds.

I love these old FROG kits, simple to built but look good in shape. I've hardly touched a model since the end of september but when I have it's been this one.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
celt

Post by celt »

Hi, skypirate,Eric Mc,MarkyM607,splash,iggie,generiz and Sir T,thanks for the kind words but I know my models are not as good as the rest of the models on this forum,thanks again for the kind words.
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

Nice looking models celt. I particularly like the Vengeance.

Keep the pictures coming!

Stu :)
Old fashioned paint brush user.
Tarkas
Active Participant

Post by Tarkas »

Gotta agree with everyone else, and especially Stupot: those are two nice-looking models, particularly the Vengeance. That is a model that I've always wanted to build and add to my collection of RAAF SWPA aircraft, and I'm glad to say I found one not all that long ago, so yours is an inspiration to crack on and build it!

Very nice, both of them. :beer:
Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox, sometimes...
celt

Post by celt »

Stupot wrote:Nice looking models celt. I particularly like the Vengeance.

Keep the pictures coming!

Stu :)
Hi Stupot,thanks,very much appreciated.
Tarkas wrote:Gotta agree with everyone else, and especially Stupot: those are two nice-looking models, particularly the Vengeance. That is a model that I've always wanted to build and add to my collection of RAAF SWPA aircraft, and I'm glad to say I found one not all that long ago, so yours is an inspiration to crack on and build it!

Very nice, both of them. :beer:
Hi Tarkas,thank you very much.
jamesaw

Post by jamesaw »

Very nice. I haven't seen the Vengeance built before and your looks great. Very reminiscent of a Pterodactyl with that cranked wing!

Return to “Aviation Modelling”