iggie's modelling table

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: iggie's modelling table

Post by iggie »

Thanks Chaps!

A little more progress last evening; the top wing is on, and rigging has commenced! I'm following the boxart illustration as there is no diagram in the instructions, and so the rigging may not be exactly as it should be :???: :grin: . But, it will be somewhere near and give a good impression of what it would have looked like I hope!

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That's a great start to the rigging, Iggie. As to the accuracy of your wiring, I haven't a clue I'm afraid - is there nowt on Google Images?
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
iggie

Post by iggie »

ShaunW wrote:That's a great start to the rigging, Iggie. As to the accuracy of your wiring, I haven't a clue I'm afraid - is there nowt on Google Images?
There undoubtedly will be Shaun, but as an ex scaffolder, near enough is good enough :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
iggie

Post by iggie »

We had a short trip out on the boat last night to go to the MK50 parade of illuminated boats along the canal through Campbell Park in Milton Keynes. Although it was for the 50th anniversary celebrations for the city we really hope it will become an annual event; there were loads of people on the banks both sides at the main location in Campbell Park itself but also along the canal on the way down too. It was also the first time we've been out on the water in the proper dark, and travelling in convoy at 15m intervals added some spice to proceedings as well!! We managed not to hit anything and had a great time :-D
This is Great Escape in her finery:

My view while we were underway :-D

And some of the other boats:

Best wishes

Jim
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Excellent, the boats look great lit up like that, very atmospheric I must say.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

The Hawk is jolly bright. Good luck with Harry Tate.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

ShaunW wrote:IMHO the Harry Tate is not one of Airfix's finest but you have made a great start to it, Iggie.
It’s bloody awful but can be made into a decent rendering. I’m amazed apart from WNW 1/32 offering no one else has done a version of it either in 1/72 or 1/48.
PropWash
Active Participant

Post by PropWash »

Mr. Iggie,

Your build of the BAE Hawk for the RAF Benevolent Fund is top-notch. I'm not a collector of special paint schemes, but I can certainly appreciate a good one when I see it.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Rigging before paint? That's going to be a challenge moving ahead, will it not?
iggie

Post by iggie »

TobyC wrote:The Hawk is jolly bright. Good luck with Harry Tate.
Cheers Toby!
ShaunW wrote:Excellent, the boats look great lit up like that, very atmospheric I must say.
It was just that Shaun, and a real treat to see so many people turn out to watch as well :-D
PropWash wrote:Mr. Iggie,

Your build of the BAE Hawk for the RAF Benevolent Fund is top-notch. I'm not a collector of special paint schemes, but I can certainly appreciate a good one when I see it.
Thank you kind Sir! It is an eye-catching scheme for sure!
Softscience wrote:Rigging before paint? That's going to be a challenge moving ahead, will it not?
It's my 'normal' order of battle for anything with more than one wing and a fitted string vest; the paint always clogs the rigging holes otherwise and I tend to end up breaking a wing or two off trying to drill them out again! On larger scale stuff then paint before rigging works for me, but not at 1/72 :shock: :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
iggie

Post by iggie »

Some more done on my 'arry tate:
Rigging of the main wings done and painted in gunmetal, and wings and fuselage painted. The tail assembly is also on and painted and awaiting rigging. Engine and exhausts painted.
I think I might find some mesh for the front of the engine, it's a bit gaping at present!

Best wishes

Jim
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

That's very smart Jim - and quick too.

I really do need to start building again - I'm begining to miss it.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Looking very good. Spray or hairy stick? BTW iPhone do a mesh that covers the speaker and you can use that for the mesh.
https://www.ireplaceparts.com/products/ ... NIQAvD_BwE;
Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Good Job on the rigging....no coffee for you....haha....lighting for the boat is looking good
iggie

Post by iggie »

Thanks all!

C'mon Stuart, you know you want to, and you know it does you good!

Michael, the boat looked grand in the dark (mainly because you can't see my shoddy coach-lining :shock: ) and when we were travelling down the canal in convoy with the others it looked almost magical. Night cruising is something we will definitely do again, although summer will be warmer 8-) , and we have already told the event organisers that we will be there next year if they do the same again
TobyC wrote:Looking very good. Spray or hairy stick? BTW iPhone do a mesh that covers the speaker and you can use that for the mesh.
https://www.ireplaceparts.com/products/ ... NIQAvD_BwE;
Thanks for that Toby, but I already have some from a link put up a couple of years ago, possibly by you! This could be the chance I've been waiting for to finally use them! :-D
Oh, and the paint job is hairy stick; I daresay air-brushing wouldn't fill the rigging holes as much if at all and I may attempt that on my next bipe whenever/whatever that turns out to be :roll:
Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Workbench Window”