Easier posting of images with Post Image.

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
Zee28
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Easier posting of images - mission accomplished.

Post by Zee28 »

iggie wrote:I'm usually a 'turn off and on again' type techie.....
But we all know that usually fixes everything in the world ever!
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Zee28 wrote:
iggie wrote:I'm usually a 'turn off and on again' type techie.....
But we all know that usually fixes everything n the world ever!
Not always recommended for aircraft in flight :)
Up in the Great White North
Bill_B
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Bill_B »

iggie wrote:
Zee28 wrote:I can't see the 'Add image' button, just blank space. Am I right in guessing I need to create an account with Postimage.org first before the button will appear?

Sorry to be so dumb!
No need for an account but it may not show up on some browsers; try chrome of you have it or can install it or if using a smart phone again try chrome or your phone's own browser instead of a Microsoft product......
I too don’t have the ‘Add image button’ on my iPad or iPhone. Is there another way for me to post images? BTW, I don’t own a PC or laptop.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Bill_B wrote:I too don’t have the ‘Add image button’ on my iPad or iPhone. Is there another way for me to post images? BTW, I don’t own a PC or laptop.
Hi Bill

I'm not sure if this is possible with 'i' products, never having used on, but can you install Chrome as a browser on your ipad? If so, the 'postimage' button should show up, and then allow you to (ahem) post images :grin:

Otherwise, you could use image hosting sites such as Flickr, then you can use the share image function from there to insert an image into this site; convoluted but works. There are other sites than Flickr, just don't use Photobucket (there are other names for that site but this is a family friendly forum so..... :shock: ) as they are charlatans (and again, there are other words that could be used here....!)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

You can install Chrome on an iPhone, I do not know about an iPad.
The iPhone, just like a PC, will whine a lot about it and attack it like a virus ... ignore all that.

However, the UAMF mobile code may not display the Add Image button.
However not all is lost as you can use the Post a Reply (not Quick Reply) button -- that gives you the option to attach one or more files and you can easily choose files from your Photo Library or even (I think) just take a photo right then.

It used to work, then the phone/browser folks changed stuff.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
kprophater
starter kit

Post by kprophater »

I have read the section in the Forum Rules about how to post a picture. I am using an Iphone8, and do not see the message to “Post an attachment” or picture. Scouted the site looking for a place to switch to “desktop” from the mobile d vice setting I assume I am on, little help here is needed!
iggie

Post by iggie »

kprophater wrote:I have read the section in the Forum Rules about how to post a picture. I am using an Iphone8, and do not see the message to “Post an attachment” or picture. Scouted the site looking for a place to switch to “desktop” from the mobile d vice setting I assume I am on, little help here is needed!
Have you installed Chrome as your browser? If not, the postimage button doesn't show for some reason
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

kprophater wrote:I have read the section in the Forum Rules about how to post a picture. I am using an Iphone8, and do not see the message to “Post an attachment” or picture. Scouted the site looking for a place to switch to “desktop” from the mobile d vice setting I assume I am on, little help here is needed!
Please see the message immediately above your post.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

While fixing and unrelated issue it appears that we may have also fix the problem of the Postimage button not appearing in some version of Internet Explorer eg IE11.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Barney68
Getting well comfy!

Post by Barney68 »

Hi
I don,t get the same Postimage box come up that you show on your post. Mine is very simplified with just image size then choose your pics and then terms and conditions, none of the other boxes like upload etc. Is there some setting in my laptop I have to change. Pop up blocker is `off`.

Barney
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :grin:
iggie

Post by iggie »

Barney68 wrote:Hi
I don,t get the same Postimage box come up that you show on your post. Mine is very simplified with just image size then choose your pics and then terms and conditions, none of the other boxes like upload etc. Is there some setting in my laptop I have to change. Pop up blocker is `off`.

Barney
Hi Barney, what browser & device are you using?
If you click on the 'add image to post' button as below

Then the 'choose images' button

That should take you to a file selection screen (you may need to navigate to the location of your pictures), simply select the file(s) you want and away you go

Best wishes

Jim
Barney68
Getting well comfy!

Post by Barney68 »

Hi, I'm using Toshiba Satellite 50 laptop with windows ten version 1903, chrome default browser, pop up blocker is off.
When I post the pictures it inserts a long string of numbers and letters then tried submitting, message at top in red said the picture was in 1024pixels ? I'm assuming that is not right.

Barney
iggie

Post by iggie »

What size 'monitor' are you selecting in the dropdown menu? UAMF will accept 17" or less, a lot on here use 15" to avoid being 'too big'

Hope this sorts it!
Best wishes

Jim
Barney68
Getting well comfy!

Post by Barney68 »

I have it set 600x800 (15inch)
My pics are stored on my pc in pictures folder, no google,microsoft cloud thingy.
Barney
iggie

Post by iggie »

Barney68 wrote:I have it set 600x800 (15inch)
My pics are stored on my pc in pictures folder, no google,microsoft cloud thingy.
Barney
Hmmm; very odd. Other than suggesting my usual standby IT fix of 'clearing your cache', I really don't know what to suggest. Hopefully someone with greater knowledge of technology (and that won't need to be much greater to beat me!) will be along soon to help further. In the meantime, you could always try clearing your cache :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”