Sign-up and Chat

This is a "get your feet wet" GB for figures and busts for those who have been reluctant to try or want to expand their skills. Any era, any scale, any subject -- even supporting vehicles/equipment are allowed, say in a diorama/vignette.
This GB runs from 1st January to 11th February and your host is rob_van_riel.
PTB11
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by PTB11 »

Well guys, I thought it was about time I jumped into one of these GBs.
So, I'm going to be building this old 54mm white metal figure from Cheshire Volunteer. It hails from the 1980s and he's an LRRP in Vietnam. My plan is to finish him in a Tiger Stripe camo and place him on a small diorama base.

Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
iggie

Post by iggie »

After being nudged reminded gently by Rob, I have actually made a start on my entry! I will take a piccie tomorrow and start a thread. Progress will initially be a tad slow as I have a Stuka to finish off at the same time.....
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

PTB11 wrote:Well guys, I thought it was about time I jumped into one of these GBs.
So, I'm going to be building this old 54mm white metal figure from Cheshire Volunteer. It hails from the 1980s and he's an LRRP in Vietnam. My plan is to finish him in a Tiger Stripe camo and place him on a small diorama base.
Welcome aboard.
This is the first time I've heard of Cheshire Volunteer, but as far as I can tell through the glitter, it should be quite a nice figure. Sadly, I must now go and try to scrub the image of a mean and tough special forces fighter in a yellow and black suit from my brain :-D

On the flip side, it seems to work well enough for the actual tiger :???:
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Two weeks to go folks. Now would be a good time for the few of us (embarassingly including myself) who seem to be stalling to get to work like we mean it :-D
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Just a few more days to go. A good number of completions are already past the post, but some are still running, and it's traditional to ask if anyone needs a modest extension for a final dash. So, anyone need some extra time to turn a DNF into a completed model?
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

I'm just setting the stage (literally!) for the glamour shots just now. :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

:evil:
I misread something and thought I had until the end of next week but now I have disruptions in the force that make even that difficult.

I will put all my effort into finishing the TR bust by the 11th and set the cav scouts aside to be finished elsewhere.

My bad for not paying attention earlier.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Every project likely to make it to completion has done so. I'd already asked John to close up the shop at the end of the weekend, so if there are any final remarks to be made, this is the time for it.

I think we've had a nice crop of interesting projects showing up, and I get the impression several people picked up some new skills (or discovered their existing skills were up to building figures). Some even seem to have been bitten by the figures bug a bit, which makes the GB a success as far as I'm concerned :twisted:

Thanks for showing up folks :-D

On a slightly more serious note, this was my first attempt at playing GBL. I'm well aware of the fact that I wasn't as present as I should have been the last few weeks of the GB due to a bad case of murdered mojo; my apologies for that. If there were any other glitches I wasn't aware of, please let me know; I might get more crazy ideas in the future, and if so, I'd like to know where I need to improve.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Thanks for running the GB it’s been very inspirational seeing all the work taking place.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Yep, agree with Splash; it was good to be taken out of my comfort zone and I'll do more figures along with my more usual builds in future
Cheers Rob!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Figures & Busts”