1/8th Norton Commando 750

Time to pimp them rides!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: 1/8th Norton Commando 750

Post by ShaunW »

This is really looking very good, Syd. It reminds me of stripping down and repairing my bikes at my parents' in the 80's but, unlike Iggie and his 400/4, I daren't use the house but instead was out in the often cold and uninviting garage!

All the best for 2018!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by syd-baines »

i striped my suzuki x7 down and i was gunking the engine down in the kitchen sink my mum went barmy when she came back home, (i was hoping to finish before she got home). i have done the front forks again i found some springs to fit the forks, so i did not have to make them i painted the handlebars switch panels black but looking at photos of the 1/1 bike they are aluminum so they will need repainting, got most of the cables fixed which has tidied it up a little, the decal for the tank would not lay down on the tank very good and they tore when in used micro sol and set i am undecided what to do about them yet

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Beautiful work as always Syd. I have the Airfix Norton Commando decal sheet currently hanging in a window to bleach - I could scan it and email you the file if you want to try printing the decals again yourself.
Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

that would be very welcome thank you my email
sid.baines@gmail.com
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Looking great and I love the colour I have to say, sorry but I hated the bike mine was a pig to start handled like it had soap on its wheels much preferred my triumph.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

i have finished the Norton i thought the fit of parts was not very good when i put the tank together but then it seemed to get better when i started on the engine that went together well the fit was good but after that the parts did not fit very well at all, there is one or two good idea`s with this kit it is just a pity the parts do not fit some of the wiring was not long enough i have had to cut them in half and put some tubing on them to make them fit, the decals for the tank would not lay down even with micro sol and set, beany has very kindly offered to scan some from his Airfix kit and email it to me for which i am very grateful. but all in all i did not enjoy this build, i am not happy with the end result i have another one of Heller kits it is the Honda CB 750 but i will wait a while before i start the one,

general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Nice job on a classic bike.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Man thats amazing what a beauty you must be proud of that one
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

syd-baines wrote: beany has very kindly offered to scan some from his Airfix kit and email it to me
Email sent yesterday mate - hope you got it.
syd-baines wrote:i have another one of Heller kits it is the Honda CB 750 but i will wait a while before i start the one,
I need to source another one as well. I made this one some years back and dragged it out again for Telford last November, but it has suffered on the show circuit - there are parts missing if you know where to look - and I know I could make a better job, especially studying your builds Sid.

I look forward to when you star yours - I may even have another go at my Tamiya 1/6 CB750 Four which I gave up soon after starting as I was too scared of screwing it up!

The Commando looks brilliant - I wasn't expecting it to come out in blue - it suits it!

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Despite all the faults and problems you know about Syd, I think it looks very nice. Top work.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys, i did get the decals you sent AL, thank you i can print them onto decal paper and make some new ones with what you sent me i am very grateful, i will post a picture when i have redone the tank as i did not glue it to the frame so can take it back off

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”