It is currently February 22nd, 2018, 5:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 27th, 2017, 2:59 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
Anyway, can't sort the airbrush now so brush painting it. Not too bad but will need to re-do the dark lines and looks unlikely to be finished before the deadline either. :sad:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 27th, 2017, 4:49 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: November 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: 5 mins from SMW
Bet it's still looking good mate

_________________
Prolific non-finisher and Guardian of the box of shame


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 28th, 2017, 2:21 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
Kitaholic wrote:
Bet it's still looking good mate

Thanks!!, however more by luck than judgement she's got a very worn look now!! :lol: Pics later hopefully....

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 29th, 2017, 3:19 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
The first picture the paint is still wet somewhat. I think I've made it worse to be honest. If I can I'll spray a solid light green coat and re-do the pre-shading which is all but gone on the top!!.

Image

Image

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 29th, 2017, 5:49 pm 
Offline
Mad, Sad and Dangerous To Know!

Joined: November 26th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Posts: 13804
Location: Pontefract West Yorkshire
A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.

_________________
Doing - Airfix 1/32nd Crusader Mk III

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 3:03 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
ShaunW wrote:
A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.

We seem to be twins at this, that's pretty much what I end up doing, as evidenced by the photos!!.
Also, thanks, Rob Van Riel has offered me a new airbrush so hopefully it will allow me to have another go!!. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 5:56 pm 
Offline
Mad, Sad and Dangerous To Know!

Joined: November 26th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Posts: 13804
Location: Pontefract West Yorkshire
MarkyM607 wrote:
ShaunW wrote:
A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.

We seem to be twins at this, that's pretty much what I end up doing, as evidenced by the photos!!.
Also, thanks, Rob Van Riel has offered me a new airbrush so hopefully it will allow me to have another go!!. :grin:


That's very good of him and I hope it works well for you as your initial effort was looking promising. My foul ups listed above, however, were with using an airbrush - goodness knows how much of a mess I'd make with a paint brush, the world's best brush painter I am certainly not :ha:

_________________
Doing - Airfix 1/32nd Crusader Mk III

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: December 31st, 2017, 3:11 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
ShaunW wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:
ShaunW wrote:
A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.

We seem to be twins at this, that's pretty much what I end up doing, as evidenced by the photos!!.
Also, thanks, Rob Van Riel has offered me a new airbrush so hopefully it will allow me to have another go!!. :grin:


That's very good of him and I hope it works well for you as your initial effort was looking promising. My foul ups listed above, however, were with using an airbrush - goodness knows how much of a mess I'd make with a paint brush, the world's best brush painter I am certainly not :ha:

It is, and I hope to repay his kindness by doing somewhere near a respectable job!!. I've only eroded my fear and whatever of Airbrushes over the last few years so hopefully I can add it to and complement my hairy stick use rather than replace it totally. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2018, 7:44 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
Although I still intend to use the airbrush Rob has kindly given me, I have bought some flat shaped brushes from a local art and office shop. I've re-done the lines on all surfaces. Doesn't look too bad.
Image
Image
On the picture I'm basing this on, the lines are quite distinct from the overall colour and so I don't want them to be feint. However they do look a little hard edged even with my new brushes. Might see how good I can use this airbrush and fuzz them up a bit. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 15th, 2018, 1:46 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
Think this is now a DNF but will try and finish her tonight!. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 15th, 2018, 5:36 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm
Posts: 5864
Location: Middlesbrough
A very good effort Marky. look forward to seeing her completed.

_________________
2018 - A:1 B:3 C:0
Current Projects:
South African Air Force 1958 - 1981 (Springbok and Castle)
East German Air Force 1956 - 1990


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 15th, 2018, 7:42 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
Thanks OT. This is how she will probably finish today...
Image

Image

The tiny little wheels under the tail are interesting to make in this scale. One of them fell to the floor and I was sure the Carpet Monster had it for a snack. Eventually my torch and I found it before he consumed it!!!. It's only about 1 1/2 mm wide so it was a result to be sure. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 16th, 2018, 11:25 pm 
Offline
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Joined: November 15th, 2014, 12:43 am
Posts: 450
hi marky if you have had time to complete don't forget to post some pics in the gallery of completions,if fact it looks near as damit to me stick it in anyway even if you haven't had time to finish it off :)
cheers craig


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 17th, 2018, 2:42 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
planecrazyman61 wrote:
hi marky if you have had time to complete don't forget to post some pics in the gallery of completions,if fact it looks near as damit to me stick it in anyway even if you haven't had time to finish it off :)
cheers craig

I'll see what I can do tonight. It needs the u/c painting as well as the doors and the canopy attached. Other than that it's done!!.

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Mark's Swedish Dane!
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!
PostPosted: January 20th, 2018, 7:57 pm 
Offline
Modelling Gent and Scholar
User avatar

Joined: January 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Posts: 4179
I'm afraid it's a DNF. I have a little bit to do but I will try and get it done tomorrow and post it asap. :grin: I have enjoyed this GB as I said, it's a different country to that which I usually do. :grin:

_________________
I don't have a stash, it's a kit sanctuary!!


Top
 Profile   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Macinscott 3 style by HighDefGeek