Air Lines Hotspur

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
uavdb
Active Participant

Air Lines Hotspur

Post by uavdb »

Yes, another Air Lines/Frog kit from the used to be famous Lines Bros. This one is pic heavy due to all of the cool stuff included in the kit, like a color mini brochure and model building tips drawings with the kid who never stops smiling (with the not so subtle suggestion of having several Lines Bros. kits in work at one time so you don't have to wait for paint to dry before resuming work). Also note Testors had their salesmen fingers in the pie as well! This is molded in that hard silverish gray plastic that so many makers used back in the 1960's. There are a few sink marks on a couple of the one piece control surfaces, which are all separate and poseable but a dab of putty will cure that issue. Not many parts as typical of the vintage, which is marked as 1964 on the box. The canopy is fairly thick but the framing is nicely done. Decals are probably good to scan to make new ones, but spares boxes likely have enough generic ones to cover the basic markings.
On to the pics:

uavdb (Dave)
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: Air Lines Hotspur

Post by ShaunW »

That is a decent looking classic kit of an interesting and slightly left-field subject, Dave. Although I recall FROG from my youth, kits in Air Lines boxes did not make it to my part of Small Town England. What a great looking package the whole thing is though, of course the marketing department was busy there and I can look at that through my much more cynical 57 year old eyes, especially the encouragement to have more than one of their kits on the go at a time, but as a youngster an Air Lines kit like that would have made for a great modelling experience!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “In-Box reviews”