Stuck on CA

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Stuck on CA

Post by Blue Elephant »

I'll address this one largely to our members who live in warmer climes. Last year, (Southern Hempishere) Mid-Winter, I bought some 1/2 Oz bottles of Zap-A-Gap. I stored them in with my paints and other esoteria, and went to open one the other day and found they'd set rock hard...without being opened!! Is this normal and where should I stick them in future....and the first one that answers what we're all thinking, gets sent straight to the showers. :) The onset of Summer here saw quite a few days over 40C. The paints they were stored with are still fresh and happy, but has anyone heard of this happening with unopened bottles of CA? Keeping them in the fridge obviously isn't an option....suggestions? PS I'm single so I don't have to worry about upsetting a SWMBO.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Stuck on CA

Post by iggie »

Was the humidity equally high? If so, that could be the problem with the CA as water vapour can be used as an accelerator....
Simple solution would be to move to a cooler, dryer climate :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Actually the fridge is a solution. Carefully boxed, labeled, and inaccessible those who cannot read the warning label you affix.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

As well as being cool, fridges have low humidity, which is why you shouldn’t keep bread with in there.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Post by Blue Elephant »

Thanks guys, I was overlooking a simple solution. I have one of those old Kitchen cupboards with two lockable compartments, metal-lined, that they used to store bread etc in, during the 1930's .Perfect spot I think?

Return to “Construction Tips”