Cosford model show 5 April CANCELLED

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Cosford model show 5 April CANCELLED

Post by chrism »

Just heard this. It will be up on their site later. All over social media at present.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Kitaholic

Re: Cosford model show 5 April CANCELLED

Post by Kitaholic »

According to Tiger Hobbies on BM they have had official confirmation of the cancellation.
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

That's a shame.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
chrism

Post by chrism »

I had contrived and planned a family break, and had a number of rooms booked in a hotel in Ironbridge, for a few nights and we were both intending to have a few days away and bring our respective "remaining" parents with us, and ultimately take them to the Blists Hill and other Ironbridge museums, plus a visit to local steam railway and other attractions, and then I was going to have time out from them one day and spend the Sunday at Cosford and catch up with a few of you.

With all that the hotels along the riverside have had to contend with, due to flooding in Ironbridge, I was fearing we would find the hotel was not open, but no, when I rang to tell them the event at Cosford I was intending to come up for was off, they accepted our cancellation which I was grateful for.

To say I am gutted is not representative of my feeling at moment.

I have told the hotel that once I hear of a future similar event, I will be back in touch.
iggie

Post by iggie »

That's a sad conclusion to your plans Chris, and I hope you will be able to rearrange something once we are through the effects of this blooming virus.
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

... is the museum still open? Initially seems premature, other than allowing people to cancel their accommodation early, but I think we'll be in the thick of it come April.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
chrism

Post by chrism »

Over on BM and other places is a fuller write-up from organisers but basically by cancelling now it saves their club from a lot of expense they wou!d have to incur if they waited and it did have to be stopped. This is probably their last get out without a of expense point.
chrism

Post by chrism »

This is the official notice :

Good Morning,
We are very sorry to have to inform you that we have decided to cancel the Shropshire Model Show, due to be held at the RAF Museum, Cosford on the 5thApril. We feel that the growing seriousness of the Covid outbreak is making a situation where the government will be forced to close down large public gatherings more lightly by the day.
We have therefore decided that cancelling now, prior to us making large payments, will enable us to keep the club in a financial position that will allow us to continue in existence. In addition, by doing this, we will be able to refund any payments that have been made by clubs.
Could you please advise us of the account you wish any refund cheque to be made payable to, as we are unable to make direct BACS payments from our bank account.
Can we also ask that you publicise this as widely as possible in order to reduce the chances of someone having a wasted journey.
Yours Faithfully,
Andrew Armstrong, Club Secretary
Anthony Lacey, Club Chairman
Andrew Luxton Club Treasurer
iggie

Post by iggie »

In the circumstances, a sad but sound decision by all involved methinks.
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
chrism

Post by chrism »

I totally agree with you Jim. It is also probably more sensible too that we keep our "patient" safe and don't wander too far from home soil, as we can cancel and amend our plans without expense too. (as the hospital and need for it etc all only arose after I had planned and booked this!)

Return to “Model Shows and Events”