The Remnants of 2020

Home of the IPMS Cold War SIG. Hop over the wall and join the party comrade.

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

The Remnants of 2020

Post by Dazzled »

I saw a meme on Facebook the other day. It showed Ernie from Sesame Street with his head in his hands with the caption "The year 2020; brought to you by the letters W,T & F".

And I know exactly how Ernie feels; particularly as far as a carefully planned model show schedule went. However, if there is something to be salvaged from the wreckage it may come in the form of two shows which have yet to be confirmed as cancelled. IPMS Chiltern's show at Biggleswade on September 13th is still undecided as the club are waiting on a decision from the venue and, as many other SIG leaders will know, Scale Model World at Telford might go ahead as the IPMS committee are due to enter talks with the Telford International Centre this week and have asked for intentions of attendance from all the cubs and SIGs in the organisation.

This, of course, may all come to nought should the inept mismanagement and control of the outbreak in the UK lead to a second wave of cases but, should this not happen I will try to keep us all in the picture as well as I can.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Re: The Remnants of 2020

Post by Dazzled »

Hi all. A further update from the last post. Not unexpectedly, the Chiltern IPMS show at Biggleswade has been cancelled.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
skypirate

Re: The Remnants of 2020

Post by skypirate »

Daz, I see online that model shows are now starting up again in UK.
As well, IPMS Nats 2021, USA, took place.
Sporadic events here in Oz as the virus locks us down here and there. Hopefully next year for us.

David

PS. Those G.91 decals are positively squirming in the box on the workbench shelf.

Return to “Cold War Chat”