Ukraine GB

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Ukraine GB

Post by IronMan129 »

Afternoon all.

I said I would never run a Group Build again.
That is until recent events started and with my mental health and other issues I physically can't do anything so I thaught after a suggestion on my Workbench Window why not offer everyone a chance to get onto a GB starting ASAP?

If it does go ahead this Group build will include ANY model in ANY scale but it has to be in a positive way involved with Ukrain. 🇺🇦

Please show your support everyone, yes it may just be a Group Build that doesn't really matter but let's say what if there is someone Interested in modelling who has escaped and fled Ukraine that somehow manages see our positive support that may just lift their spirits even just slightly then I feel this has done its intended mission.

Слава Україні! Героям слава! - Slava Ukraini!
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Ukraine GB

Post by PaulBradley »

Andrew and I were thinking of building kits by Ukrainian manufacturers - would that be considered a suitable parameter?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
fredk

Post by fredk »

If that was the case, I might join in as I have kits by ICM, Roden and MiniArt

A list of model making companies of the Ukraine;
[E & OE]
Ace
Aim Fan Model
Armory
Arsenal Model Group
Art Model
Avis
Big Plane Kits
Clear Prop
Condor
Dora Wings
ICM
Master Box
Mikro-Mir
MiniArt
Modelsvit
Reskit
Riich Models
Roden
Unimodel
Amodel
Military Wheels
Skif
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

The irony is that many of the Ukrainian aircraft/vehicular subjects that could be built are probably originally of Russian design and even manufacture. Additionally, we will never, ever, know the whole truth about what has and is currently going on and I can't see how you could run this GB and completely avoid the politics involved. For that reason, I'm out.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
wokka

Post by wokka »

I'm afraid it's one of those times when politics cannot be kept out, I will go along the lines of making a kit by a Ukranian manufacturer rather than of a Ukranian subject if that's OK.
It's only pain, work through it.
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

PaulBradley wrote: February 27th, 2022, 2:39 pm Andrew and I were thinking of building kits by Ukrainian manufacturers - would that be considered a suitable parameter?
You beat me to it. I was just about to suggest a group build involving Ukrainian manufacturers.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

beany wrote: February 27th, 2022, 3:21 pm The irony is that many of the Ukrainian aircraft/vehicular subjects that could be built are probably originally of Russian design and even manufacture. Additionally, we will never, ever, know the whole truth about what has and is currently going on and I can't see how you could run this GB and completely avoid the politics involved. For that reason, I'm out.
Would you be more for it should the build cover Ukrainian manufacturers like Dora Wings and ICM or A-Model? In my case, I have a Dora Wings P-43 Lancer and P-63 Kingcobra I am willing to pull out of the stash. None of those will be wearing red stars.
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

IronMan129 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 2:20 pm Afternoon all.

I said I would never run a Group Build again.
That is until recent events started and with my mental health and other issues I physically can't do anything so I thaught after a suggestion on my Workbench Window why not offer everyone a chance to get onto a GB starting ASAP?

If it does go ahead this Group build will include ANY model in ANY scale but it has to be in a positive way involved with Ukrain. 🇺🇦

Please show your support everyone, yes it may just be a Group Build that doesn't really matter but let's say what if there is someone Interested in modelling who has escaped and fled Ukraine that somehow manages see our positive support that may just lift their spirits even just slightly then I feel this has done its intended mission.

Слава Україні! Героям слава! - Slava Ukraini!
Make it about Ukrainian manufacture like the Mig-25 by ICM and that Roden Antonov you have pictured, then I am in. I also placed a order to Hannants for a Clearprops A2D Skyshark, Dora Wings MB-151 and a couple of Unimodel armor kits. The best I can do is give Ukrainian model companies my money and it isn't enough.
wokka

Post by wokka »

My thoughts exactly.
It's only pain, work through it.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Locked pending discussion by the Admin Team.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

The Admin crew feels that that a GB, usually a 'fun' event, does not provide a platform to project meaningful support (or opposition) to a situation that may only get worse - and one in which lives and property have already been unrecoverably lost.

We feel that individual actions to express support, particularly relief and recovery, are appropriate and we will revisit this when the outcome is clarified and a GB can be properly themed.

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”