Starcruiser 1

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Jonno2023
Series 3 and Beyond

Starcruiser 1

Post by Jonno2023 »

Damn, in two minds to build this or not?
Boxed 1978 version - immaculate.

In one hand I have an idea for a diorama with LED's, but on the other hand should I just leave it as it is?

Dilemma
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Starcruiser 1

Post by PaulBradley »

Build it! Especially if you are doing a lit diorama! It has a very 1970's design feel, isn't it?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

I'm a member of the build it school too....
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Build IT! You know we will support your decision.
I built one a couple of years ago, it really lends itself to a bit of imagination.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
Jonno2023
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Jonno2023 »

Cheers...decision made - It shall be built :)
iggie

Post by iggie »

And then burn the box, and put a video of it burning on twitter....the collectors really appreciate that :twisted: :twisted: :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

iggie wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 1:39 pmAnd then burn the box, and put a video of it burning on twitter....the collectors really appreciate that :twisted: :twisted: :grin:
I'm squarely in the "build it" party, to do otherwise is to deny the kit's purpose, but burning the box seems a bit wastefull. A box like this in mint condition may well have some value (even monetary) so I'd definitely try to find a good home for it or sell it before considering disposal.

If you really want strike a blow, for whatever reason, against collectors, put the empty sprues back in, re-seal it, and sell it to the worst snob you can find. They'll never check inside a "mint in sealed box" item anyway for fear of reducing the value :twisted: :ha:
Jonno2023
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Jonno2023 »

Thanks Rob, what an excellent idea!!!, devious, but excellent!
Do you sell on ebay - if so, can you tell me your seller name so I know not to buy anything from you :)
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Jonno2023 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:30 am Thanks Rob, what an excellent idea!!!, devious, but excellent!
Do you sell on ebay - if so, can you tell me your seller name so I know not to buy anything from you :)
Sorry, can't take credit for this, since I didn't invent it; I think it's actually something along the lines of an urban legend.
Guily on the devious mind though, and the idea really appealed to it :twisted:

You'd never reliably get away with this on eBay, certainly not in the numbers required to amass some serious ill gotten gains. Also, while they probably don't know the first thing about scale modelling, expect your target audience of uber snobs to know everything about scale model packaging. They'd probably spot a resealed box from miles away :-D

I don't think people like us, with our barbaric tendency to actually open the boxes and inspect the contents and (ghasp!) even build them have much to fear from this particular scam ;-)

Totally unrelated to the scammy jokes, any visible progress on the build?
LifetimeModeler
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by LifetimeModeler »

Absolutely; build it! "Collections" ultimately become the burden of an executor who will part them out for pennies, give them away as toys, or take them to the dump. People now days view such collections as a fad from a bygone era, so at least get your OWN pleasure from it through building it. (that's how I see it anyhow) ;)
Eat, drink, and be merry, but this very night your soul will be required of you.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

That is an.... Interesting kit
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”