USAF 75 Years GB *** Complete & Archived ***

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Impisi
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: USAF 75 Years GB *** On 2023 GB Calendar ***

Post by Impisi »

hmm - I haven't participated in a GB in here ever ... it is June 24th to August 6th 2023 right?

Well I do have one option in stash, a North American F-86D in 1/48 boxed by Revell, the only thing is, I'm not sure where this thing is now ... but I think I'll get that sorted until June 24th and then would be in if that would be OK.
Cheers
Martin

my recent builds
Chuck Finley

Re: USAF 75 Years GB *** On 2023 GB Calendar *** Clarification

Post by Chuck Finley »

Just wanted a clarification on a few questions that came to mind:

1) What about Air National Guard aircraft from that period? I have some ANG subjects that would fall into that category.
2) If not, what about Air National Guard units that were federalized for certain operations. For example a Alabama ANG RF-4C from the 106th TFS or New York ANG F-16A (Boys from Syacruse) that few in Operation Desert Storm 1990, or one of the units federalized for the Berlin Crisis of 1961, Vietnam, In addition, you had Air National Guard KC-97s supporting USAF units in Europe for 10 years during Vietnam.
3) Finally what about prototypes? I am thinking about the Lockheed XF-90, North American YF-93, and McDonald XF-88 that are sitting in my stash.

Count me in in any case but I have this itch to finally build the KC-97L that has been sitting in my stash for some time.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
RayS

Re: USAF 75 Years GB

Post by RayS »

Stuart wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:59 pm
RayS wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:58 pm Looking forward to this one, something multi-engined from me (of course)
Welcome aboard Ray!

B-52? B-1? C-130? A 1/72 C-5 maybe? :-D
Perhaps All? :lol:
Well maybe not, must ponder and check out the stash
Ray
-----------------------
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: USAF 75 Years GB *** On 2023 GB Calendar *** Clarification

Post by Stuart »

Welcome aboard Gents!
Chuck Finley wrote: May 21st, 2023, 8:37 pm Just wanted a clarification on a few questions that came to mind:

1) What about Air National Guard aircraft from that period? I have some ANG subjects that would fall into that category.
2) If not, what about Air National Guard units that were federalized for certain operations. For example a Alabama ANG RF-4C from the 106th TFS or New York ANG F-16A (Boys from Syacruse) that few in Operation Desert Storm 1990, or one of the units federalized for the Berlin Crisis of 1961, Vietnam, In addition, you had Air National Guard KC-97s supporting USAF units in Europe for 10 years during Vietnam.
3) Finally what about prototypes? I am thinking about the Lockheed XF-90, North American YF-93, and McDonald XF-88 that are sitting in my stash.

Count me in in any case but I have this itch to finally build the KC-97L that has been sitting in my stash for some time.
Hi Chuck - Yes I'll allow ANG units, AFAIK, they do fall under the command of the USAF. As for prototypes - if it has USAF written on it - it's in. :-D
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: USAF 75 Years GB *** Forum is Open ***

Post by jssel »

On board with the Academy 1/48 T33A.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

jssel wrote: June 20th, 2023, 8:17 pm On board with the Academy 1/48 T33A.
Welcome aboard Jeff - Nice choice!

RayS

Post by RayS »

Well with a house move in the next month, I am not sure if I will be able to participate, very disappointed :-(

I was looking forward to this one. Then again I could try and blitz something. I have an Airfix F-111E in the stash somewhere. See how I go!
Ray
-----------------------
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

RayS wrote: June 24th, 2023, 12:16 am Well with a house move in the next month, I am not sure if I will be able to participate, very disappointed :-(

I was looking forward to this one. Then again I could try and blitz something. I have an Airfix F-111E in the stash somewhere. See how I go!
Aw man, sorry to hear that Ray!

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”