The Chariot from "Lost in Space"

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Jonno2023
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: The Chariot from "Lost in Space"

Post by Jonno2023 »

The figure is seriously excellent - you should make molds and sell them - Undercut the resin gangsters!
Lovely finish on the chariot.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Dude, this is brilliant, the work you did on the figures is off the hook crazy.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Any chance you can tell us or show us how you transformed these characters?
.... Dirk

My Youtube Channel
Davem
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Davem »

Very nice build! even as a kid I wondered how this fit in the Jupiter 2. Personally there was never enough Marta Kristen in the show.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I would love to see them do a re-boot of this show... Oh wait, They tried.
.... Dirk

My Youtube Channel
LifetimeModeler
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by LifetimeModeler »

jonno2023 wrote: "The figure is seriously excellent - you should make molds and sell them - Undercut the resin gangsters!
Thank you kindly; it was the shock brought on from seeing the prices of the figure sets that inspired me to just have a go at them myself. If I made molds from these, I'd have to tear the transparency off, which would pretty much destroy it because it was applied with Gorilla Glue, thanks to it's warped condition.
davem wrote: ".... even as a kid I wondered how this fit in the Jupiter 2. Personally there was never enough Marta Kristen in the show."
I think the "fit" issues was intended to be "just pretend it works", at least that was the reasoning I used when it came to them girls! ;)
Dirk: Any chance you can tell us or show us how you transformed these characters?
The base facial contours were already there on the figures, but the "paint" applied at the factory was cartoonish! As far as posing the figures was concerned, it was basically a matter of using the razor saw, scalpels, super glue, and filler to dismember them and get them in the pose I wanted. The figure representing "Will" had to be sectioned so he'd be the right size. Facial re-painting was simply a couple shades of flesh tone acrylic, then let the natural shadows to the rest.
Oh yeah, and REASONABLE eyes... not alien eyes! lol
Eat, drink, and be merry, but this very night your soul will be required of you.
LifetimeModeler
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by LifetimeModeler »

Lost in Space "could" have been as iconic as Star Trek, had they continued on the early first season storylines. Most of my recolections are restricted to those episodes, intentionally.
Eat, drink, and be merry, but this very night your soul will be required of you.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”