Humber Recce MK III (1/76 Millicast)

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
B4en
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Humber Recce MK III (1/76 Millicast)

Post by B4en »

I've always rather liked the look of the various Humber recce cars but they are not popular subjects for plastic kit manufacturers - in fact I've never found one in plastic. This is one of Millicast's better efforts, in my limited experience of them. A solid block of resin with a few resin strips and attached delicate parts, all requiring massive cleanup of flash but at least not too many air bubbles. The edges are not as sharp as I'd like. Most of the small parts I rebuilt in plastic or wire due to breakage and moulding deformities. The base is one I made years ago with a bit of a facelift. Finished with a few bits of stowage from the spares box as a Green Howards example in Tunisia.

The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Humber Recce MK III (1/76 Millicast)

Post by JamesPerrin »

Very small and cool
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Lovely build, Ben and once again you have done some very worthwhile additional work on the model to enhance it nicely. It is a shame that there aren't more kits available of subjects such as this but I'm afraid they probably just aren't as bankable to manufacturers as (yet another) Tiger, Panther or Mark IV variant.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Yes, but anyone who puts the work into these little Millicast kits, such as Ben has here, is well rewarded !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
B4en

Post by B4en »

Cheers guys! Sadly if you like the more obscure vehicles there are rarely braille scale options outside of resin kits - unless you want a German vehicle of course. :) I bought a batch of Millicast kits last year - they are not cheap, and the casting quality varies from 'just about tolerable' to '...ing appalling'. On the other hand they seem pretty accurate if you persist and do a lot of cleanup and small part replacement. I have a few resin kits from other manufacturers and the casting is literally perfect for the same sort of price range, so I guess it comes down to how much you want a particular model in your collection.

Planet models are starting to produce a few of the more obscure British types at the moment, so I'll be interested to see what the quality is like there - awaiting a delivery at this moment.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Again, not a subject I'm normally into but I really like what you've done here. Figure painting in 72nd is a mission and yours looks great!
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”