Revell 1:35 Leopard 1A1

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Canuck2016
Active Participant

Revell 1:35 Leopard 1A1

Post by Canuck2016 »

Good day all!

This is Revell’s 1:35 Leopard 1A1. As a former member of the Canadian Army I was jazzed to finally add this subject to my collection!

Overall I would say this is a decent kit with pretty good fit and detail throughout. The price was also very reasonable. Detractors include annoyingly beefy sprue attachment points, so-so fit of the major hull components, very narrow, weak attachment points for the skirts, mud flaps, and searchlight covers, and of course, Revell’s irksome end-opening box (see the last photo for my “patented” solution to this recurring problem).

Revell gives you a piece of wire for the radio antennas, and a sprue of very soft, pliable vinyl for the tracks, tow cables, and external electric cables. These all look decent, and paint up nicely. The decal sheet includes markings for two West German vehicles, and one from the Royal Norwegian Army. The decals behaved well with a little Solvaset. All hatches can all be posed open, although there is no interior or crew figures. The kit has no clear parts.

This was built mostly out of the box, except for the following: coloured mylar for the IR searchlight and other optics, a camouflage net made from a piece of painted gauze, and basket stowage liberated from the ol’ spares box.

Have a great day, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

flakmonkey
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Revell 1:35 Leopard 1A1

Post by flakmonkey »

Outstanding.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?
iggie

Post by iggie »

Another superb build!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Really nice.

Nigel
B4en

Post by B4en »

That's an absolute doozy! 8-) Superb build and painting on the most attractive of the Leopard line.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

Love it that’s the paint job I wished I’d achieved on my 1/72 A5 did it get lighter as you weathered it could you tell me which colour/brand you used for the main colour
Thanks Craig
Canuck2016
Active Participant

Post by Canuck2016 »

Thanks Craig! I primed the whole thing with black Krylon brand spray paint, then pre-shaded it with Tamiya Deck Tan. The base colour was just Tamiya NATO Green acrylic. That's it! :)
X12A

Post by X12A »

Another cracking build there Canuck.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Lovely looking Leo, Canuck, as always with your builds it is beautifully finished and well photographed. I think Revell offer decent value for money, OK so they aren't quite up to Tamiya standards but they don't cost the same and they can still be built into good looking replicas as you have ably demonstrated here. Those end opening boxes are the worst part of building Revell and, despite the "patent", I will be stealing your method of dealing with them :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Canuck2016
Active Participant

Post by Canuck2016 »

ShaunW wrote: October 14th, 2023, 5:37 pm Lovely looking Leo, Canuck, as always with your builds it is beautifully finished and well photographed. I think Revell offer decent value for money, OK so they aren't quite up to Tamiya standards but they don't cost the same and they can still be built into good looking replicas as you have ably demonstrated here. Those end opening boxes are the worst part of building Revell and, despite the "patent", I will be stealing your method of dealing with them :ha:
Thanks, Shaun! And you'll be hearing from my lawyer! :-D
RayS

Post by RayS »

Wow! what a cracker!

Great job Canuck
Ray
-----------------------

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”