MPC TIE Interceptor

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Canuck2016
Active Participant

MPC TIE Interceptor

Post by Canuck2016 »

Good day all!

This is MPC’s TIE Interceptor. I didn’t have very high expectations for this kit as it was very cheap and it seemed toy-like, but it built up very quickly and easily with good fit, decent detail, and no flash. In fact, it only has about two dozen parts, including the pilot figure. The included stand has a metal post, and a ball-and-socket joint which allows some limited posing of the completed model. My only complaint is that the wings were a bit warped so I tried to straighten them out a bit with some hot water and gentle persuasion. Overall, I’d recommend this kit to Star Wars fans looking for a nice, simple, inexpensive build.

Because I remain immature, I couldn’t help but paste it onto a photo of the Death Star’s surface with some cannon blasts! 🙂

P.S. I call the build simple, but I somehow managed to build the central ball part back-to-front! :oops:

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: MPC TIE Interceptor

Post by JamesPerrin »

This kit is almost as classic as the films. Many of us will remember this as part of the Airfix box set from the 80’s. Those baffles soaked up a lot of black paint when brushed on by hand.

This is a superb rendition of this timeless classic
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
B4en
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: MPC TIE Interceptor

Post by B4en »

That looks absolutely excellent! Even the base looks properly 80's.
If you haven't seen them check out the Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes for a fun take on this fighter... :)
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”