P47 Drop Tank Question

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
X12A
Modelling Gent and Scholar

P47 Drop Tank Question

Post by X12A »

Evening All,

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that does aftermarket 1/72 150 Gallon drop tanks for a P47 - I've tried Mr Google but nothing came up!

Thanks in advance,

J

rob_van_riel

Re: P47 Drop Tank Question

Post by rob_van_riel »

X12A wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:16 pm Does anyone know of a manufacturer that does aftermarket 1/72 150 Gallon drop tanks for a P47 - I've tried Mr Google but nothing came up!
Like these ? https://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/p-47- ... 1700-p.asp
X12A

Post by X12A »

rob_van_riel wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 8:14 pm
X12A wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:16 pm Does anyone know of a manufacturer that does aftermarket 1/72 150 Gallon drop tanks for a P47 - I've tried Mr Google but nothing came up!
Like these ? https://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/p-47- ... 1700-p.asp
They look like the badgers, nice one Rob - appreciated! Although that is now another model shop to take up my time! :lol:
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

X12A wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 8:42 pm They look like the badgers, nice one Rob - appreciated! Although that is now another model shop to take up my time! :lol:
You're welcome. One of the reasons I occasionally engage in these little hunting expeditions for others is that I'll sometimes stumble on interesting suppliers as a consequence ;-)

I do seem to be missing a bit of idiom though.. "They look like the badgers" is a new one to me.
X12A

Post by X12A »

rob_van_riel wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:08 pm
X12A wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 8:42 pm They look like the badgers, nice one Rob - appreciated! Although that is now another model shop to take up my time! :lol:
You're welcome. One of the reasons I occasionally engage in these little hunting expeditions for others is that I'll sometimes stumble on interesting suppliers as a consequence ;-)

I do seem to be missing a bit of idiom though.. "They look like the badgers" is a new one to me.
Yes, good find that Rob - I've got my eye on a few other items now. :lol:

Apologies for using that phrase, it roughly translates as 'Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for'. If English isn't your first language, another great phrase is 'the dogs bollocks' used to describe something really, really good, whereas if something bad has happened or something has not gone as planned, then simply 'bollocks' should be used. Apologies to the admins if 'bollocks' isn't a Forum approved word! ;-)

Thanks again Rob,

J
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

X12A wrote: January 4th, 2024, 9:13 pm
rob_van_riel wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:08 pm

Yes, good find that Rob - I've got my eye on a few other items now. :lol:

Apologies for using that phrase, it roughly translates as 'Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for'.

That's a new one to me as well and English is my first language :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

ShaunW wrote: January 5th, 2024, 12:09 am
X12A wrote: January 4th, 2024, 9:13 pm Apologies for using that phrase, it roughly translates as 'Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for'.
I was hoping someone was going to make that remark ;-)

While Dutch is my first language, it's all but tied with English for that status, but it would have felt off to point that out while none of the true native speakers admitted to not knowing the expression.

Please don't stop using phases like this, it's fun picking up new ones, and that only happens when you get exposed to them.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

rob_van_riel wrote: January 5th, 2024, 8:50 am
X12A wrote: January 4th, 2024, 9:13 pm Apologies for using that phrase, it roughly translates as 'Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for'.

While Dutch is my first language, it's all but tied with English for that status, but it would have felt off to point that out while none of the true native speakers admitted to not knowing the expression.

Please don't stop using phases like this, it's fun picking up new ones, and that only happens when you get exposed to them.
X12 and I live in different parts of England, Rob, he in the south and me in the north and "the badgers" could be regional, certainly the "D-B's" mentioned in his reply to you is more or less known nationally over here, but I've never heard the badgers and at 62 I'm hardly in the first flush of youth, but I also enjoy picking up new slang :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
X12A

Post by X12A »

ShaunW wrote: January 5th, 2024, 11:10 am
rob_van_riel wrote: January 5th, 2024, 8:50 am

X12 and I live in different parts of England, Rob, he in the south and me in the north and "the badgers" could be regional, certainly the "D-B's" mentioned in his reply to you is more or less known nationally over here, but I've never heard the badgers and at 62 I'm hardly in the first flush of youth, but I also enjoy picking up new slang :grin:
I'm not quite sure where or when I picked up that phrase, although I am originally from the North, albeit on the decent side of the Pennines! :grin:

Rob, I find it quite amusing that Shaun claims English as his first language living in Yorkshire as he does - what they speak over there is generally incomprehensible to most people in the South and requires the services of a translator! :grin: And before Shaun says it, the words, Pot, Kettle and Black spring to mind as I do have a similar problem living down here sometimes! :grin:
72modeler
Getting well comfy!

Post by 72modeler »

Those tanks were also carried by P-38's, P-61's, and F-82's. Maybe you know a fellow modeler who might have a spare set you could buy or trade for?
Mike
X12A

Post by X12A »

72modeler wrote: January 6th, 2024, 3:39 am Those tanks were also carried by P-38's, P-61's, and F-82's. Maybe you know a fellow modeler who might have a spare set you could buy or trade for?
Mike
Thanks Mike, I didn't know that. I've got some coming so hopefully they'll be fine, if not, now I know.

Cheers,

J
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

A friend of mine played drums in a band and their first album was titled The Badger's Nadgers.
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
X12A

Post by X12A »

:lol: :lol: ... excellent name! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Aviation Modelling”