Red Arrows 60th Anniversary and World Aerobatic Team GB *On the Calendar!*

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Red Arrows 60th Anniversary 2024

Post by iggie »

lancfan wrote: February 7th, 2024, 5:07 pm
iggie wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:18 pm
lancfan wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:00 pm Just to be clear, is this GB only for the Red Arrows ?
Not at all, the GB is open to any formation flying team comprising more than two aircraft :grin:
Do you have anything in mind? :)
I have a few choices iggie, I have the Hasegawa 'Blue Angels' set, a Hellcat, Bearcat and FA-18 each with 'blue angels' markings, the Mistercraft and Matchbox Hunters both with 'Blue Diamonds' markings, the Airfix Gnat and Hawk in 'Red Arrows' colours and the Airfix 'Yellowjacks' Gnat. I also have the Heller Lockheed C-121 which I could finish in 'Blue Angels' colours using scanned and re-sized copies of the Italeri Fat Albert kit decals. The Mistercraft Hunter also has markings for the Swedish AF 'Acro Hunters' team, the Belgian AF 'Les Diables Rouge' team and the Swiss AF 'Patruille Suisse' team. so I have a reasonable selection from which to choose.
Wow! 😲
I shall look forward to your eventual choice(s) in due course :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Red Arrows 60th Anniversary and World Aerobatic Team GB *On the Calendar!*

Post by Stuart »

I hadn't actually planned on joining my GB's this year, but I might jump on this as I have a Red Arrows Hawk and Gant to build, a Red Pelican's JP and a Microlease (Firebird Aerobatics ltd) Pitts.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Stuart wrote: February 7th, 2024, 6:38 pm I hadn't actually planned on joining my GB's this year, but I might jump on this as I have a Red Arrows Hawk and Gant to build, a Red Pelican's JP and a Microlease (Firebird Aerobatics ltd) Pitts.
It'll be good to have you in the formation :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote: February 7th, 2024, 7:35 pm
Stuart wrote: February 7th, 2024, 6:38 pm I hadn't actually planned on joining my GB's this year, but I might jump on this as I have a Red Arrows Hawk and Gant to build, a Red Pelican's JP and a Microlease (Firebird Aerobatics ltd) Pitts.
It'll be good to have you in the formation :grin:
:-D :-D :-D
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”