A tail of two Churchills

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: A tail of two Churchills

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Looks very good with the wading gear.

Nigel
Cardinal
Getting well comfy!

Post by Cardinal »

My Dragon M4A3E8 Sherman also has small fragile parts. Great detail on dragon models but always hate their fragile nature.
Alex

The more effort I put into a model, the better it becomes!
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

I have the Hasegawa Mk.1 (completed if you can believe that!!) but never liked the colour options I could find in the 80s...quite keen on digging it out for a recolour after seeing this build...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
B4en

Post by B4en »

The Dragon kit is clearly not the best of models to build, but it came out well in the end and at least you have a Mk III! 8-) Looks great.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Both of those Churchills came out looking very nice indeed - very nicely done. I do like your bases, they set of the models nicely. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the base of the base - is that plasticard or cardboard?
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
RCD
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by RCD »

Thank you for all the positive comments - much appreciated.

The base is a typical knock together project using bits and bobs that were readily available.
It was a piece of thick plastic sheeting that was covered with a thin layer of " Wilcos" brown wood filler from a tube - shame they have gone to the wall. Made an excellent soil colour. The track was originally meant to be tarmac but did not look right. This was coated with PVA followed with sieved bonfire ash. The greenery was typical bits I picked up from the local railway shop when they had their sales.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

RCD wrote: February 19th, 2024, 3:31 pm Thank you for all the positive comments - much appreciated.

The base is a typical knock together project using bits and bobs that were readily available.
It was a piece of thick plastic sheeting that was covered with a thin layer of " Wilcos" brown wood filler from a tube - shame they have gone to the wall. Made an excellent soil colour. The track was originally meant to be tarmac but did not look right. This was coated with PVA followed with sieved bonfire ash. The greenery was typical bits I picked up from the local railway shop when they had their sales.
Thanks for the explanation - I'm impressed with the ash, that looks really effective.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
B4en

Post by B4en »

Yes, the ash is an excellent idea. One that will be stolen I might add... :)
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
KellerModeller
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by KellerModeller »

Hello,
the ash is looking really effective! If (like me, I think it makes regular cleaning/dusting of the models easier) you give everything you build a final clear coat, you might want to be careful or use a test piece because I could imagine the ash could change it's colour back to almost black this way. (Ask me how I know, I sometimes do panel line shading with pastel chalk powder that on two occasions changed it's colour from "invisible" to "looking ridiculous" by adding a final matt paint layer..) :roll: :lol: .
br, KM
I like to carve old kits into something roughly aircraft/tank shaped... :grin:
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Great looking base and very good method to achieve it. Now I have to decide which bit of furniture I can live without in order to get some bonfire ash... :shock: :twisted:
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”