KellerModeller's chaotic cellar

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Re: KellerModeller's chaotic cellar

Post by Softscience »

I always liked the misproportioned look of the AT-1 it looks like it should have been larger. I love weird armor like this.
B4en
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by B4en »

You are keeping busy KM! I'm not familiar with the AT-1 - it looks rather like the Italian Semovente to me. Cool project.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Impisi

Post by Impisi »

That halftrack looks good with figures
Cheers
Martin

my recent builds
KellerModeller
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by KellerModeller »

The filling and sanding will be more efficient if I do it on two similar projects in parallel, so I started to assemble the Emhar A7V. There's lots of painting ahead when returning home..😁

What a great place to have a mold step πŸ™„πŸ˜†

That was 1h of sanding for one side, luckily the tracks are mostly hidden anyway, so minor imperfections may remain πŸ˜€
I like to carve old kits into something roughly aircraft/tank shaped... :grin:
B4en

Post by B4en »

Crikey, an A7V as well! Your paintshop is going to be busy when you get back to it. :) The Emhar kit isn't bad as I recall - maybe a bit heavy on the rivets but that's WW1 armour for you! You can always display your cleanup work on the tracks by putting the model on it's side - the real thing toppled over quite frequently so I understand... :grin: I ought to dig my old kit out one of these days to see if it's worth doing anything with.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Good work on removing that step!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

B4en wrote: ↑March 19th, 2024, 7:00 am Crikey, an A7V as well! Your paintshop is going to be busy when you get back to it. :) The Emhar kit isn't bad as I recall - maybe a bit heavy on the rivets but that's WW1 armour for you! You can always display your cleanup work on the tracks by putting the model on it's side - the real thing toppled over quite frequently so I understand... :grin: I ought to dig my old kit out one of these days to see if it's worth doing anything with.
Yes, I also saw many pictures like this, it seems you need to shift the center of gravity when you put tracks under a medieval fortress.. :grin: I always liked the look of this tank since seeing it the first time around 1996 in a computer game (Wings of glory, a WWI fligtsim)
Stuart wrote: ↑March 20th, 2024, 6:46 pm Good work on removing that step!
Thanks, that`s a modellers workout I guess :lol:
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Great work on some incredibly small subjects! The figures in the back of the half-track really makes it look interesting and lively.
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

PGAS wrote: ↑March 21st, 2024, 4:52 pm Great work on some incredibly small subjects! The figures in the back of the half-track really makes it look interesting and lively.
Thanks, yes the figures show how small the 250 in reality is. I prefer small scale subjects, this gives me the illusion that my stash might fit in a reasonable amount of display cabinets once it's finished... :-D :-D

Some progress on the A7V, filling and sanding still missing. A medieval castle on tracks... :)

PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Very cool A7V. A lot of Lucious rivet detail to bring out with a coat of paint and a wash! Kind of reminds me an old caboose! They were not thinking low profile when they came up with this design!
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

PGAS wrote: ↑March 22nd, 2024, 2:04 pm Very cool A7V. A lot of Lucious rivet detail to bring out with a coat of paint and a wash! Kind of reminds me an old caboose! They were not thinking low profile when they came up with this design!
Definitely not, this is the height comparison of AT-1 and A7V...

KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

Now I'm back home, medical leave successfully finished. I have built so many tanks during my leave that now I want to build an aircraft instead of finishing what I started 🀭😁.
But the tanks will be finished later.
Now I want to finish a Revell F-16 that was started in the late 90's by around 15 year old KM. I did not finish it at that time due to lack of airbrush colour and masking tape,I was planning to do the prototype scheme.
I really like the look of IAF camo and wanted to have a modern IAF model in my display cabinet, so I decided to finish the F-16 as F-16A "Netz" in IAF service. On AliExpress I found a cheap decal sheet for IAF F-16Cs, but without any stencils. I will also be able to use it to create a F-16A, using the kit stencils, I hope.

It is so old, the glue has yellowed...

Next to it is a F-16 wreck that donated the more modern fuel tank, which currently has it's colour removed.

The landing gear is repaired using plastic rod material:

... and that's it for the moment....
KM
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Medical Leave? Well I hope you're doing okay.
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

Softscience wrote: ↑March 29th, 2024, 4:35 pm Medical Leave? Well I hope you're doing okay.
Yes, nothing serious, only "maintenance", everything closed/passed successfully πŸ˜‰.
Was lucky enough to have a single room where I could do some modelling (all tank pics above with a wood desk, 250 to A7V), but no airbrushing or painting of course, only minor assembly works 😁
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

Cockpit completed (no complete rebuild, only assembling what 15yo KM prepared), airbrakes & engine nozzle assembled, drop tank ready for rework.
Next step is canopy masking, the old Revell Tool does not have a lot (means: no) of engraved lines as guidance and also major gaps...
But still better than being forced to use a vacu canopy that will yellow between two times looking at the model :-D

Return to β€œWorkbench Window”