1/72 BT-7 / TP model T-7279 resin kit

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
KellerModeller
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

1/72 BT-7 / TP model T-7279 resin kit

Post by KellerModeller »

Hello all,

this is the TP model resin kit of the BT-7. There are maybe better injected plastic BT-7s available out there, but it was a bargain and I wanted to try a resin kit.
Unfortunately due to long storage there were some damages that had to be fixed first. The front left side seemed to have had some kind of accident and had to be repaired:

The wheels were assembled using steel wire to reinforce the joint, especially in the rebuilt front wheels area:

The tracks were replaced by PE tracks as I was not optimistic about the track lenghts that were supplied with the kit. Maybe they would have worked just fine, but I was too afraid :mrgreen:
As resin dust is unhealty anyways and it was summer, I had 2 nice afternoons outside in the garden :grin: :

A base was made from house insulating foam and the lone surviving member of the childhood revell soviet infantry set MG team now has to pull the Maxim MG alone... :-D
The decals are the 2nd option from the Revell reissue of the Matchbox T-34, my son has built the 1st option and kindly donated his spares :)

Thanks for looking
KM :beer:
I like to carve old kits into something roughly aircraft/tank shaped... :grin:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: 1/72 BT-7 / TP model T-7279 resin kit

Post by ShaunW »

That is a really fine looking BT-7, KM and looks great posed on that small base with the Russian soldier dragging the Maxim.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by general rocket »

A cracking little kit and model.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

ShaunW wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 5:56 pm That is a really fine looking BT-7, KM and looks great posed on that small base with the Russian soldier dragging the Maxim.
general rocket wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:05 pm A cracking little kit and model.
Thank you both!
B4en
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by B4en »

That looks great KM - lovely finish and well displayed with the figure. Small bases like that tend to look better when they aren't squared off I think. The figure is really well painted for this scale. 8-)
KellerModeller wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:23 pm Unfortunately due to long storage there were some damages that had to be fixed first. The front left side seemed to have had some kind of accident and had to be repaired:
Sadly a common problem with resin kits, long storage or not. I usually end up having to scratch up broken parts or missing details.
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
KellerModeller

Post by KellerModeller »

B4en wrote: March 27th, 2024, 7:35 am That looks great KM - lovely finish and well displayed with the figure. Small bases like that tend to look better when they aren't squared off I think. The figure is really well painted for this scale. 8-)
Sadly a common problem with resin kits, long storage or not. I usually end up having to scratch up broken parts or missing details.
Thanks, I agree about the square bases! To be honest the initial intention was to have less landscape to do because they tend to be look little boring if you don't put more effort in. :-D
Then I realized that in my opinion it even looks better if cut close to the model. For my military models I like to have some figures with them to give a feeling of scale. And also it gives me the illusion it was worth keeping my childhood mini army :grin: :grin:

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”