"I'm Not a Hoarder - You're the Hoarder.." Stash Updates 2024

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: "I'm Not a Hoarder - You're the Hoarder.." Stash Updates 2024

Post by AndrewR »

PaulBradley wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:21 pm Ooooh! THAT is the way!
It really was a bargain. :grin:
Up in the Great White North
planecrazyman61
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by planecrazyman61 »

Picked up another rally car off eBay
The italeri Audi Quattro is a bit basic and is missing some rally specific parts like wheel arch extensions is there any aftermarket one’s available

Craig
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

From e-bay, I was expecting these -
but these were included too
The Airfix 54mm pieces will be renovated or put into spares, The other two are about the same size, del Prado Italian Carabiniers 1812-15 and are metal - nice pieces if outside my normal sphere of interest,
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

So....it's kinda like the old lady who swallowed a spider....

I thought the easiest way to sort my tire supply issue for the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle was to get another Mac's Car as I can replace it's tires with tires from the Revell 1/48 B-1B...which would have solved my dilemma on whether to build Mac's Car on air or ground mode: easy compromise solution: do both...

... but who'd've thought that Mac's Car is available in two DIFFERENT scales...? The one that has just been delivered is substantially smaller, probably 1/43 or 1/48 than the one I am already working on... Oddly the Joe figure seems to be the same size...!

In the mean time, I got, tempted by an exceptionally temtping offer, the last Airfix F.9 Meteor release so I could donate the engines to Mac's Car...that all went smoothly...but, thinking I had another 1/32 Mac's Car inbound, I snapped up a Tamiya Meteor that was on offer for NZD30...again for the engines...

...but...

...when that kit arrived, it had two complete Meteor F.1s - no V-1s though - with part to convert one to an F.3...so now I have a plethora of 1/48 Meteors for less than the price of a single Airfix one over the counter....

Might be able to run my own SKGB now...think I also have at least two each of the Matchbox and Rareplane NF Meteors that have come as part of various bulk lots...

Ironically, the only Meteor that I really like is the FR.9...

And I still haven't resolved the issue of enough tires for the SPV (the fly that started all of this)...after decades of avoidance, I may have to dabble in molding and casting my own, or descend into the labyrinth and dabble with this 3D printing stuff...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

As it was my birthday last week I treated myself to a few kits. I'd been after a Salvino's JR Next Gen NASCAR kit since they first came out but my only option until recently was to import one. Jadlam have started to stock them though so I had to get one. I went for the Mustang as I like the Pennzoil yellow livery.

ImageP1070281 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The Tiger was 25% off at Hobbycraft and the Fiat is for the Aerobatic GB later this year.

ImageP1070286 by timothy jones, on Flickr
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Nice Birthday haul Tim!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Picked up a old Airfix Jaguar last week - I think I'm going to need some decals!

Davem
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Davem »

Had a reminder set at Kingkit if this came into stock, it's all there I'll start it - someday :roll:
I could kick myself to be honest I was only going to buy 1 kit this year it's not out yet and I've broken my resolution :oops:
Andy Dighton

Post by Andy Dighton »

Stuart wrote: March 28th, 2024, 12:29 pm Picked up a old Airfix Jaguar last week - I think I'm going to need some decals!

Have some Jag decals if you want them Stuart.
Best wishes
Andy

My post war RAF display team page. https://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=19491"
XX172 Life of a BAe Hawk 1977-2006. https://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=23975
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Andy Dighton wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:15 pm
Stuart wrote: March 28th, 2024, 12:29 pm Picked up a old Airfix Jaguar last week - I think I'm going to need some decals!

Wraparound Camo version? If so, that would be cool Andy - Thanks! Is there anything you're after?

Andy Dighton

Post by Andy Dighton »

Stuart wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:28 pm

Wraparound Camo version? If so, that would be cool Andy - Thanks! Is there anything you're after?
I have some from the old Matchbox kit. I think I may have some others as well. I'm in Cornwall for another 10 days. I'll have a look when I get home if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks. I may need a reminder though.

Best wishes
Andy

My post war RAF display team page. https://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=19491"
XX172 Life of a BAe Hawk 1977-2006. https://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=23975
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Andy Dighton wrote: March 30th, 2024, 8:45 am
Stuart wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:28 pm

I have some from the old Matchbox kit. I think I may have some others as well. I'm in Cornwall for another 10 days. I'll have a look when I get home if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks. I may need a reminder though.

Hi Andy,

I hope you're enjoying Cornwall! Thanks muchly for the offer - much appreciated. But I've just found a set in my decal stash that I'd forgotten I had! D'oh!

Cheers!

Stuart

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hoping to get back into small scale Armour this year, so I thought I'd start with this.

Ratch

Post by Ratch »

A birthday prezzie to myself, Milicast's 1/76 Cromwell IV Type F
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

I suppose my collections have now pushed me firmly into "Hoarder" territory. If I had just stuck to models, I suppose that I could just say that I'm a modeller with a decent stash, plenty of models in the process of being built, and a large stack of boxes containing finished models.

Unfortunately, I also collect the following . . . . .

Guitars, mandolins, ukes, and various bits of sound equipment. Some of the latter, I can hardly even lift these days.
Books, Magazines, CDs, DVDs, old toy and model catalogues, music books, folders and sheets.
Models. Aircraft, ships, a few vehicles, vintage railway models, figures etc. Many that fit neatly into my CBK and Classic Kits Collection.
Die cast ships in 1/1200 scale, including Tri-ang Minic ships. I also have a large number of the Eaglewall kits.
Tri-ang 00/HO and TT3 model railways, and Hornby Dublo 3 Rail Model Railways. A lot of static models, too. All picked up for a few bob.
A few old Dinky and CORGO Toys, which I buy cheap and rebuild, repaint and decal.
Buses. These actually only started because they were going cheap at a local collectors fair. I keep on buying them, but have set limits on cost. I will never pay more than £10 for a model bus, usually much less. There must be thousands of these things out there.

Over the last couple of years, I have noticed a marked increase in all prices, especially Second Hand. Still a few bargains to be had.

I suppose that I'm trying to build that Toy Museum that still eludes me. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. :lol: :-D :-D 8-) ;-) :ha:
So many models, so little time.

Return to “Small Talk”