Italian WW2 a/c

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
JMeccia109K
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: Italian WW2 a/c

Post by JMeccia109K »

Thank you!

I will start checking to see if I can pick up these kits I know ebay is a source but to buy each kit separately will increase overall cost in postage.
Any mail order places that sell at a discount?
From another site someone suggested a web site called, "STORMOMAGAZINE.com It is all Italian a/c !!
Some modelers have posted some of their work and it is extraordinary the camo patterns that were used.
Modelers are great people many of the modelers give details on the techniques they use to build, the types of paints they used, as well as HOW they applied the camo patterns.
I am loving this hobby.
I really like the SM-79 I will look to find it and buy it as well as the others!
I will follow up on what everyone above suggested and keep in touch

Thank you all!!
The
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY
motto of the U.S. Navy Seals
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

mike Grant decals do decals for Italian smoke ring camo if you don't trust your painting skills
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
JMeccia109K
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JMeccia109K »

Thanks bobble!!

You had my son laughing with that picture!!!

Me too!!
The
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

Airfix also did the FIAT G.50bis Freccia, a basic little kit that can turn out pretty sweet looking. And yes Supermodel and FROG, now both out of print, did a plethora of WW2 Italian fighters (FIAT G.55, Macchi MC202, Reggiane Re2000, FIAT CR32 Chirra, etc…)as well. Revell put out the Macchi MC200 Saetta as well which can look smart. I have several of them and they look great even in bare metal finish.
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
Lone Modeller
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Lone Modeller »

Italeari/supermodel are/were the same company I think. I have some of their Italian bombers in the roof unbuilt. If you are interested pm me and I will send you a list of what I have - I want to dispose of them as I will never build them. The Airfix SM 79 dates from the late 1960's and unfortunately it shows a bit.
JMeccia109K
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JMeccia109K »

Thanks everyone
I found a mail order hobby shop that had the Italieri SM-79.
italieri has a 1/48 CR-42 but it wasO.O.S. (out of stock)
The

Return to “Aviation Modelling”