Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: 2016 SMW Builds

Post by Dazzled »

shangos70 wrote:Here is my F-117

Beautiful. We have our F-117 :grin:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Dazzled wrote:
ShaunW wrote:There could be a potential vehicle shortage Daz. As you may be aware, military vehicles (AFV or softskin) are my bag apart from aircraft. I don't have anything suitable in the stash but I'm willing to get hold of something and I'm happy to build in the smaller scales as 1/35th might be a little large for this display.
That would be great Shaun, particularly US/European equipment as I think they might get ignored 8-)
Excellent, I'll start to have a look around at vehicle kits for those nations in 1/76th and/or 1/72nd scale in late 80's/early 90's trim.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

ShaunW wrote:
Dazzled wrote:
ShaunW wrote:There could be a potential vehicle shortage Daz. As you may be aware, military vehicles (AFV or softskin) are my bag apart from aircraft. I don't have anything suitable in the stash but I'm willing to get hold of something and I'm happy to build in the smaller scales as 1/35th might be a little large for this display.
That would be great Shaun, particularly US/European equipment as I think they might get ignored 8-)
Excellent, I'll start to have a look around at vehicle kits for those nations in 1/76th and/or 1/72nd scale in late 80's/early 90's trim.
I've just ordered myself a mk.1 Challanger - I think I might have to do a fair bit of research as I've no idea in regards to the markings/scheme.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

ShaunW wrote:
Dazzled wrote:

Thanks Shaun. I think a smattering of amour will really help bring the display to life.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Sir T wrote:
ShaunW wrote:
Dazzled wrote:
I've just ordered myself a mk.1 Challanger - I think I might have to do a fair bit of research as I've no idea in regards to the markings/scheme.
It may well be OK straight OOB Stu.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:
Sir T wrote:
ShaunW wrote:
Dazzled wrote:
It may well be OK straight OOB Stu.
That what I'm hoping :-)

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Darryl - to the build list by area, you can add a MiG-27 to Kazakstan if you wish (unless you'd rather I marked it as Russia?)

planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi dazzled i intend to build a Su-22UM-3K Fitter in hungarian markings that could be used as backup incase no one picks anything to build for hungary and am i ok starting a build thread
craig
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Sir T wrote:Darryl - to the build list by area, you can add a MiG-27 to Kazakstan if you wish (unless you'd rather I marked it as Russia?)

Oh, Kazakhstan please Stu. That would be just perfect 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

planecrazyman61 wrote:hi dazzled i intend to build a Su-22UM-3K Fitter in hungarian markings that could be used as backup incase no one picks anything to build for hungary and am i ok starting a build thread
craig

That would be terrific Craig and please feel free to start a build thread, but don't forget to share with the rest of the forum..

...we don't want them to feel left out ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

TomW

Post by TomW »

Can I throw my hat into the ring with a 1/72 Mirage IIIBA for Belgium? Plus I see we have two 1/700 supercarriers offered but would you like a 'Harrier Carrier' for the UK as well? If so I'll buy one later.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
chrism

Post by chrism »

Tom: Feel free to take and commit to the Roosevelt, from Italeri and then I can find something else to do. At the moment the best price I can find is £15.31 post free from Amazon, via models4hobby but I don't do internet shopping like on there to be able to take advantage. I was intending to ask our esteemed leader what if any other ships would be appreciated, then I can see if my best sources can get me something suitable
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
TomW

Post by TomW »

chrism wrote:Tom: Feel free to take and commit to the Roosevelt, from Italeri and then I can find something else to do. At the moment the best price I can find is £15.31 post free from Amazon, via models4hobby but I don't do internet shopping like on there to be able to take advantage. I was intending to ask our esteemed leader what if any other ships would be appreciated, then I can see if my best sources can get me something suitable
Thanks for the offer Chris but Im not really into the big American carriers, if I do anything naval I'd rather it was either a sub or from the RN. Hence my willingness to buy an Invincible class.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Just a thought...

Can I assume we're using a little bit of artistic licence with this build? If we are trying to show the East just after the fall of the USSR - isn't it probable that most of the aircraft and equipment would have still carried Soviet markings for a while?

I'm only asking before I shell out for decals!

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Oh - and any recommendations for soviet paint sets? I'm thinking of the blues used on the Flankers and Browns/greens on the migs.

Return to “Cold War @ SMW”