Motley's Hurried Hurricane

Motley
Active Participant

Motley's Hurried Hurricane

Post by Motley »

Im in for my first Blitz with the Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk1, not the hardest kit ever but i didnt want anything to hard for my first blitz especially with my mojo all over the place at the moment. Hopefully once the kit has arrived in the next few days i should be able to go for it towards the end of the week if not at the weekend, seeing i have a free house, havent got work and one my summer holidays,just got to wait now and hope everything goes as planned :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Motley's Hurried Hurricane

Post by jssel »

Good choice.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

If you're doing the new Mk.1 you will be nicely surprised at how well it goes together. If not, then you have some extra work to do. Either way, good luck with your first Blitz!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Finally recieved the kit today with a few other bits and pieces for a future project :), i think im going to go for it later starting at around 2 oclock, gives me abit of time to get things together and get abit of lunch before i start. Im going to be building the kit OOB so no having to add anything or change anything as that stuff never bothers me. Hopefully i should be able to do it to a good standard, so now just got to wait till 2 to start :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

Good luck, it's a really nice kit.

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill
jssel

Post by jssel »

Standing by on this side of the world. Good luck.
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

So 10 minutes before i start, cant wait to get going now, here is the standard picture of the sprues,

And thought id get alittle to eat and drink before i start to get me going :ha:

Sorry for the picture quality, i have to use my camrea on a lower setting or it takes hours for photobucket to edit it and everything, just easier to have a lesser quality,

Next update will be around 3 after the first hour hopefully ill have done something by then :)
jssel

Post by jssel »

Well supped and ready to carve plastic. Blitz's are the best.

I use Photobucket also and find it slow sometimes. One thing I do is my sizing on the PC and just upload the photo after. It goes much faster IMHO. I reduce my pictures from around 850kb to 90-125kb. It really zooms on uploads.

Just a thought.
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

I have thought about that and i keep meaning to do that but guess ill have to try it after the Blitz noww :)
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

So after an hour ive managed to get the cockpit all painted and the fuselarge together, only need to put a tiny bit of tipex to act as a filler under the nose to clear it uo and got abit of paint on the prop and nose too, so far soo goodd for me hopefully it will stay like this :)

jssel

Post by jssel »

Nice progress. I noticed that your prop blades all seem equal in length. A problem with some issues was that a blade was short shot in the mould.

Keep it up, you're going great guns.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Looking good so far
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

So 4 oclock, 2 hours down and now ive got most of the plane together and filled tipex where it was needed, just have to stick on a few little bits and then its camo painting time, finished the prop and done abit of the wheels aswell, so far this has been a good build and learning a few new things like using abit of filler on it :)

Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

So update after 3 hours, ive now managed to totally paint the underside in Hu 90 and then covered the top with Hu 29, all got left to do now is put on the green to create the camo, put on the under cart and canopy, do some touch ups and then decal and it should be done :)

IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

Good work so far, keep it up.

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill

Return to “Blitzbau IX August 2011”