Spartan Executive 7W

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Stupot
Pottering around

Re: Spartan Executive 7W

Post by Stupot »

Wow, great job on the windows. Is there anything on the plastic to show where they are or did you have to mark them out yourself before cutting?

Stu
Old fashioned paint brush user.
PTB11
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by PTB11 »

That looks great!
I'd have taken one look at that vacform sheet and frisbeed it into the bin.
On The Bench
Takom 1/35 M247 Sgt. York.
vacant
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by vacant »

Stupot - the moulding is completely bare of marks, i.e. no position for windows, nothing at all. I had to judge it as best I could using the drawing with the kit and by looking at photos. I always find windows to be terribly difficult as I like them to be flush with the fuselage. I have tried moulding them, but with this model because the windows are all of different shapes, I had no option other than to cut out pieces of clear plastic card and fit them individually. The result is far from perfect but it was probably the least worst option.
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

vacant wrote:Stupot - the moulding is completely bare of marks, i.e. no position for windows, nothing at all. I had to judge it as best I could using the drawing with the kit and by looking at photos. I always find windows to be terribly difficult as I like them to be flush with the fuselage. I have tried moulding them, but with this model because the windows are all of different shapes, I had no option other than to cut out pieces of clear plastic card and fit them individually. The result is far from perfect but it was probably the least worst option.
Well, you made a really good job of it. I wish my modelling skills were as good.

Stu :)
Old fashioned paint brush user.

Return to “Aviation Modelling”