RAF 100 in 2018. *** GB Forum is Open ***

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

dollar19
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: RAF 100 in 2018. *** On 2018 GB Calendar ***

Post by dollar19 »

Boy you got that right!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Yeah, but the K2, IMO, is the cooler model -- gives you the opportunity to have a few smaller models nursing, so to speak.

John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Nice display!
iggie

Post by iggie »

I have now decided on my entry for this GB; some of you will be aware of the recent passing of my father in law and in honour of his RAF service I'm going to build the Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest MK.II Hi-tech kit (which I have just ordered!)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

iggie wrote:I have now decided on my entry for this GB; some of you will be aware of the recent passing of my father in law and in honour of his RAF service I'm going to build the Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest MK.II Hi-tech kit (which I have just ordered!)
Excellent choice Jim, and a fitting tribute.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Dazzled wrote:
dwomby wrote:You may want to consider holding on to the 617 Squadron Vulcan for the upcoming 617 Anniversary GB?

David
That's a good point David. To be honest, the 617 GB hadn't really entered my radar and if I'm fair it might be a bit of an ask to build the Vulcan, rescribed and with all the surgery to fit the resin upgrade in 5 weeks. Particularly as my birthday is in the middle of it and I'll be in the South of France for a while.
No problem. I agree it would be a squeeze without your events but boy, a trip to the South of France sounds good anytime!

I actually will be struggling to do the 617 GB myself even though I proposed it - my daughter's wedding will keep us from home until May 2 and we are going to have house guests from then until the end of that week. I thought I'd be OK starting then if I stuck to something simple but now I have to go to the UK on May 21 until June 1. In fact, as I write this I am realizing I only have 2 weeks and am probably going to have to pull out of my own suggested GB. :evil:

David
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:I have now decided on my entry for this GB; some of you will be aware of the recent passing of my father in law and in honour of his RAF service I'm going to build the Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest MK.II Hi-tech kit (which I have just ordered!)
Jim,

I was very sad to hear of the passing of your Father in law, but I have to say I'm very glad you've decided to use this GB to pay tribute to him - This is just the sort of thing I want this GB to be about.

I photo's and story you shared in your WW thread were very interesting, and showed a very interesting piece of RAF history e.g RAF ground crew prepping aircraft for another country. That being the case as GBL I'd be more than happy if you wanted to build your Tempest in RPAF markings as per the photos - It's up to you. either way it's a fitting tribute.

Regards

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

Stuart wrote:
Jim,

I was very sad to hear of the passing of your Father in law, but I have to say I'm very glad you've decided to use this GB to pay tribute to him - This is just the sort of thing I want this GB to be about.

I photo's and story you shared in your WW thread were very interesting, and showed a very interesting piece of RAF history e.g RAF ground crew prepping aircraft for another country. That being the case as GBL I'd be more than happy if you wanted to build your Tempest in RPAF markings as per the photos - It's up to you. either way it's a fitting tribute.

Regards

Stuart
Thank you Stuart; to be honest I'd forgotten that an RPAF was not RAF! :shock:
As Fred clearly worked on both RAF and RPAF Tempests, I'll make a decision when the kit arrives if that's ok with you?
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Well that shows my lack of knowledge, I just assumed they were different :roll:

I'll leave it up to you, but either way I'll look forward to it as the Tempest is one of my favourite aircraft.

DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Stuart wrote:Well that shows my lack of knowledge, I just assumed they were different :roll:

I'll leave it up to you, but either way I'll look forward to it as the Tempest is one of my favourite aircraft.
Then you may be in luck. I've not decided but a Tempest V or VI in 1/72 is on my short list after seeing your Frog one.

David
iggie

Post by iggie »

Stuart wrote:Well that shows my lack of knowledge, I just assumed they were different :roll:

I was worried that although the same aircraft in both cases, an RPAF Tempest would not be allowable as it was not RAF.....but if you are happy for me to stick with the Royal Pakistan Air Force version of an ex RAF machine then I'll be very happy to build it 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:

I was worried that although the same aircraft in both cases, an RPAF Tempest would not be allowable as it was not RAF.....but if you are happy for me to stick with the Royal Pakistan Air Force version of an ex RAF machine then I'll be very happy to build it 8-)
More than happy iggie.

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I've finally made a decision. All will be revealed in due course ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Dazzled wrote:I've finally made a decision. All will be revealed in due course ;-)
Tease..... :ha:

At least it won't be a Mig......or will it? :shock: :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Spitfire. :lol: :ha:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”