Active Participant

Re: Honda dream 50

Post by kpnuts »

Thats looking great, as usual syd
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys i have not done any thing model wise for about 3 weeks as i seem to have lost interest but it has come back so i have been at the model desk again and finished the little Honda i have had no fit issues with the kit all parts fitted well, i would say that Aoshima is second to Tamiya in the quality of the parts, it looks as if you can build two versions of this bike the road version as well as the race version although it does not say so in the instructions, i have built the road version but i put the wrong handlebars on which i did`nt realise untill i came to put the mirrors on and could`nt find anywhere to put them that is when i started to look more closely at the parts the handlebars i should have used has the holes in which to put the mirrors, i might drill some holes later and put the mirrors on but i like it without so for now i am calling it finished, i have built it ootb. the only extra detailing i have done is to put some photo etch bolts on the frame

59North

Post by 59North »

Might be oob, but, it looks very sweet. A testament to your splendid modelling skills.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Silver Dream Machine.
Great looking bike.

Nigel
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That's a really great job, Syd and the Dream 50 is a very handsome machine. Hopefully your mojo has now returned as you post some very good builds on here.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

That's a beauty. Damn it makes me want a real bike now.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

I bet that it's a nice little scrather.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks for the comments guys, the fit of the parts was good, the only clean up of the parts was where i cut them from the runners there was no flash to clean, the plated parts was very good with aluminum and chrome plated, it was a nice little kit to build i have built other Aoshima kits and they are very good imho they are second to Tamiya as regards quality and fit and they do a very good range of bike kits that other manufactures do not produce, so all in all it was a very nice kit to build although i lost my mojo half way through the build i have got it back now and at the model bench again and once again thanks guys

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”