Airfix 1/35 British M3 'Stuart'

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Airfix 1/35 British M3 'Stuart'

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

One of the new Airfix 1/35 armor kits, licensed from other companies, in this case Academy.

In this case, I am reviewing it for AMPS and the First Look is posted on their website. I post a link to the build portion review when it is finished.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Airfix 1/35 British M3 'Stuart'

Post by iggie »

Nice review John, thanks for the link.
I actually bought the Academy boxing in the end as it was about £3 cheaper than the Airfix release....
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

That's to be expected, Jim, and I suspect you will not be the only one. I suspect this is a market penetration test move. If they pick kits with a positive reviews, it'll build anticipation for if/when they go off on their own. But what do I know?

BTW, I actually bought an Academy one also so I could make an exact comparison of the two, is that odd behavior or what?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

jRatz wrote:That's to be expected, Jim, and I suspect you will not be the only one. I suspect this is a market penetration test move. If they pick kits with a positive reviews, it'll build anticipation for if/when they go off on their own. But what do I know?

BTW, I actually bought an Academy one also so I could make an exact comparison of the two, is that odd behavior or what?
Not at all John, just useful research on behalf of all the rest of us :-D
If I'm honest, I was going to do the same until we decided to move house. I have tried cutting down on my purchases (Stop laughing at the back there!) so duplicates are off menu at present :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Assuming I won't need any spares, the duplicate will go into our club show raffle next year.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This is the first glimpse inside the box of one of the Academy armour re-pops by Airfix that I've seen and very nice it looks too. I happen to like Academy kits although their decals can be a bit hit and miss but hopefully the decals in the Airfix re-pops will be fine. This is a decent looking kit and I like the option of flexible or individual link tracks - personally I would give the individual links a go first as I usually find them more realistic albeit more fiddly to use. This is a good review and many thanks for posting it, John.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “In-Box reviews”