Huddersfax 2020-Change of Plan

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Huddersfax 2020-Change of Plan

Post by Dazzled »

Had an invitation for the Halifax show on Feb 16th 2020. Mrs Dazzled and I will be going so there will be a SIG presence. Please let me know if you'll be attending so I can add extra tables if required.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
spitfire
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Huddersfax 2020

Post by spitfire »

So there is a show
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Sorry Daz uncertain times at east Midlands Airport after the TCX collapse means well only be doing 3 shows next year, Cosford, St Ives(with MarkyM607) and Telford and we still cant fit any models in the car yet until we get a top box and there expensive haha.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I'll be there, Daz although ostensibly with the CBK SIG but I have some models I could bring for the CW tables if you are interested and I was thinking military vehicles - off the top of my head 1/35th Tamiya Abrams, Bradley, Ford MUTT, T-62A (currently under construction), plus 1/76th Revell Leopard and M40 Gun Motor Carriage.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
spitfire
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by spitfire »

I might go
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

spitfire wrote:I might go
Please come to the Cold War table and say hello. It's always nice to meet other uamfers.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Re: Huddersfax 2020-Change of plan

Post by Dazzled »

Sorry guys but the past weekend has demonstrated that my back condition has ruled out any certainty that I can attend the Halifax show so I've had to pull out. We're very disappointed but have to be realistic about the set-up work and my ability to cope with the long journey. :cry: :cry:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Huddersfax 2020-Change of Plan

Post by JamesPerrin »

That's sad news Daz. I hope some recuperation over the winter sees you back on the circuit later in the year..
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

That is bad news but health comes before plastic. Take care and I hope things improve for you. I certainly can empathize with you. Since a back injury in my teens i have lived with almost constant pain to greater and lesser degrees ever since. Thats 36 years and counting.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That sounds bad, Daz and I really hope you can get sorted ASAP. We will miss you and the CW SIG at H'fax.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

Take care of yourself mate.
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Thanks guys. Of course you are 100% right and health comes first.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

chrism

Post by chrism »

Your health needs to come first, Daz, and coupled with this, as hard as at may seem to accept, it might just be time to re-evaluate and look at just how you approach the entire aspect of attending and displaying at shows.

Sensibly, you could opt to take a much smaller display space, (which then instantly reduces the amount of models needed to populate it) and if you opt to leave all the shelving and heavy backboards off, you will instantly have saved a further chunk of additional heavy carrying and effort in setup work.

With fewer models required to populate the smaller space, you could then have a theme and display for instance just boats, or just wheels and tracks, or just models from a specific campaign, or models associated with one specific country. There are plenty of options to consider. That way, over a few shows you take them all out in rotation, just not all out every time.

Similarly, with Telford, f your choice is to have an easy leisurely weekend and only attend as a member, and wander in at whatever time after a leisurely late breakfast and have no setup demands hanging over you, then, that is your choice. However you could quite easily have a very simple display and take the minimum space offered which the pair of you would only need take a modest couple of boxes each for, and which can easily be carried in and don't need to be trolleyed in, and could be set up and unboxed easily in a few minutes.

Whatever you do, look after yourself.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

I echo others by saying your health should be your priority Daz.
Your a fantastic SIG leader and I agree wholeheartedly with any decision you make mate.

Return to “Displays and Shows”