Mark_75's modelling workspace!

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: Mark_75's modelling workspace!

Post by ShaunW »

The Waco is really looking great, Mark and I also use things like Humbrol tinlets or Tamiya bottles as makeshift jigs. A spirit level is not to be sniffed at as a modelling tool either. The Black Widow is also progressing very nicely. I haven't built a P-61 since the 70's when I made the Airfix example.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Markh_75
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Markh_75 »

Thanks guys, the glider is now ready for decals! ;-) hoping to do that tomorrow and put decals on the tanker too. It’ll be nice to see the tanker finally completed ;-)
Twas Blollig and the Shalomey Touves didst gear and grumble in the wardrobe!
Markh_75

Post by Markh_75 »

Today was the first time in a few days that i was able to do some work on my models, i havent been feeling so good. Its just the way i am, i can do loads at a time and then cant do a thing for a few days, due to physical or mental health or to a shortened span of concentration! As long as i know that i'm okay and I dont feel like i'm missing out when i cant do anything. Nothing is going to disappear if i cant do anything, it just sits waiting for me to get back! I love looking at my ever growing collection and am very interested in each one; i know what it took to build each model, i enjoy the hobby: its just that in my more 'mature' years i dont have the concentration i once had, my eyesight isnt wot it woz and my big bunch o' bananas fingers can be a bit cumbersome but i enjoy the hobby and cant seem to shake it! ;-) :)

I have now masked and wiped the P-61 (actually, its now primed), I had a few areas to rub back and smooth over first. The plastic sleeves on the landing gear are to protect it, stop it from being broken off with handling; its one of these models that the main landing gear has to be fitted so that the tailbones/nacelles can be assembled, i dont like that personally for reasons already stated but for the odd one or two models like that in the stash, i can work around it. I also have to be careful of the two antennas on the underside of each tailbone but as long as i know they're there its fine, i prefer to attach these nearer to the end of a build.

I also got started on the AZ Curtiss P36A, this was a tad rough at the start, not great moulds and a bit of flash here and there, plus the way i was feeling the other day when i started bits on it. Its coming along now though.

My Horsa glider arrived yesterday, and i had a good look at it, should be a nice enough model when built and should be a nice build! The nice person who sold me it said it belonged to her late Father-in-Law and had been up in the loft a while; he was in fact a glider pilot in WW 2 and wrote a book about his experiences, so i went online and found a copy and bought it, that should be an interesting read!

It comes with decals for RAF/Army cooperation and for USAAF versions; the USAAF version is the mk 1, and the British version is the mk 2, i'm thinking along the lines of a hybrid of both to encompass the best of the gliders features but will put USAAF markings on it. Like the CG4A i just finished its an Italeri kit so should be fun to put together; and like the CG4A, the engines are missing on this too! :shock: :ha: :lol: :lol:

Pictures are working now; strange! I did a restart on the Mac to see if it helps and it did! :???: :roll:
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

That Horsa should be interesting to build, especially with the history behind it. :)

Photo Image is very temperamental, so I'm not surprised if it suddenly stops and then starts again!
Up in the Great White North
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Clever idea using those tubes to mask the undercarriage legs. Thanks for the tip.

David
chrism

Post by chrism »

You dont have to explain to us that you are not in the mood for modelling. We all have other lives and other interests and in the summer I get absorbed with lawn bowls, and sailing a boat so I dont have the amount of time for modelling that I would like. I also have an interest that takes my time, helping at some museums so I have to give them some of my time, and that means I dont have time for Airfix and revell or Tamiya or anyother brand I want to build of plastic model

You just come on here when you want, and if you dont come on here for 2 weeks or however long ... nobody bothers you
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
wokka

Post by wokka »

Ditto. It's a hobby Mark for you to gain pleasure from when and how you want. We might pull your leg a bit but don't feel you have to present everything on here for critical appraisal. You produce some good builds and so long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters.
It's only pain, work through it.
Markh_75

Post by Markh_75 »

Cheers guys, I appreciate your comments ;)

Return to “Workbench Window”