ARK Models 1/144th Buran AK 14402

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

ARK Models 1/144th Buran AK 14402

Post by IronMan129 »

Here is ARK Models one of a kind example of the Soviet Space Shuttle, The Buran.
This is the only 1/144, example produced through ejection molding.
Other examples are Anigrand who have produced 3 options and RealSpace which are both cast in resin.

The box contains 3 sprues, 1 clear sprue and a large A4ish sized decal sheet aswell as the obvious instructions and decal call out sheet.

Interesting note:- if you box has a gold sticker on it, this indicates the tile decals being provided, if not, you only get basic Buran markings.
Finally here is an overview of the box contents.

I will warn you that I haven't built this kit so this is more of a preview than a review.

Hope you all enjoyed if you got to the end!
RayS

Re: ARK Models 1/144th Buran AK 14402

Post by RayS »

Thanks for that Adam,

I also have this kit and I went and pulled it out of the stash to find it is minus the gold sticker and the decal sheet is a tiny 1 inch by about 3 inches with just the red markings on it. I might have to find a better aftermarket sheet for it.
Ray
-----------------------
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Many thanks Adam.
From what I have read only the first production batch didn't have the tile decals. I have one on order through my trade account but that means retail gets priority so I will get it later.
This has been on my wants list for ages. May have to get two, one as a stand alone and the other to go on top of my AN225.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Good preview Adam. Those decals look like they'll have a lot of fun potential ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

That is one impressive decal sheet. It makes the model. Well worth getting, if I see one at a show.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “In-Box reviews”