Tweeeezers!

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
TeeELL
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Tweeeezers!

Post by TeeELL »

Swiftnbold wrote: March 19th, 2022, 5:10 pm I've found nothing better than a wax pencil (Chinagraph), it can be sharpened to create a fine tip, blunted to create a broad tip, picks up PE and larger and is cheaper than the Gucci tool.
Don't buy the paper wound type go for the traditional wooden stick and a pencil sharpener with the large aperture.
Hi,
just to give you a ‘heads up’, this thread is nigh on 18 months since the previous post and Markh left UAMF some time ago.
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
Swiftnbold
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Swiftnbold »

It's still a question that others may benefit from. My reply was to the subject not any person in particular.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Been meaning to get myself a wax pencil for a while. I never seem to remember until I'm trying to hold on to some tiny piece of etched brass :lol: :lol:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
carlos
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by carlos »

Swiftnbold wrote: March 19th, 2022, 5:10 pm I've found nothing better than a wax pencil
Yep!
A.k.a. a 'rhinestone pencil'
I got meself a couple after seeing my daughter and grand-daughter using one to put little sparkly things on their fingernails.
Currently on bench: ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2
Sidsdad70
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Sidsdad70 »

Clashcityrocker wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:27 am Are you holding your breath and poking your tongue out? Seems to assist me ......... sometimes :grin:

Nigel
That's where I am going wrong I don't do that when I am fixing tiny parts, always told I look stoopid when I do that :pilot: :drool2: and as for the cocktail sticks idea what a brilliant idea :shock:
Live long and prosper :mrgreen:

Return to “Construction Tips”