1/35 scale JDX63 TALON

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Jez
Getting well comfy!

1/35 scale JDX63 TALON

Post by Jez »

Hi everyone

Will not normally find my posts here i am primarily an aircraft modeler. However a while back now our model club competition drawn at random ended up with a sci fi theme. Not really my type of thing - but started looking at my spare bits and bobs all the surplus parts i have accumulated over the years and decided i could create a sci fi speeder kind of affair. Was pleased with the result and forgive my lack of modesty - it did go on to win the club competition against a good array of proper manufactured kits. Anyway thought i would share.

The model was kit bashed and scrap built from bits - spot the bits?

1/72 SU27
1/76 Airfix Churchill tank
1/76 Airfix six pounder gun
1/32 Mustang
1/72 heinkel He 70
1/24 Bf109e engine bits
1/35 Panther bits and bobs
Miscellaneous aircraft bits and bobs + 1/35 soviet tank driver.

The model:

You will notice underneath the fixing for the stand courtesy of an old matchbox kit - so went with a little base to show it off.

The blurb about this speeder thingy:

A peacekeeper of the New World Forum (NWF) flies his well used 2084 edition JDX63 TALON ( Territory Aquisition Liaison & Neutralisation platform). His craft draws the attention of flack and tracer as he speeds through the bad lands of the outer quadrant - on an ill advised show of force.

I found the whole thing a very refreshing change - cobbling bits together deciding what looked right what didn't. All the time not hamstrung by accuracy constraints - no rivet counting - normal struggles to get my WW2 aircraft accurate in form and shape and colour scheme - not an issue here there was no right or wrong - found it very liberating.

Thanks for looking

Feel free to comment

All best

Jez
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: 1/35 scale JDX63 TALON

Post by Gregers »

That is awesome. Great work. I did something similar many years ago with a pile of scrap parts. I will have to dig it out and refurb it as I eventually got bored with it and used it as a paint test targetquite a few years ago.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Jez
Getting well comfy!

Post by Jez »

Thanks Gregers.Was great fun to do.Dig that model out -refurb and show it off.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I think you should be rightly proud of that. I do t think it would look out of place in a Gerry Anderson show.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Ernie
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Ernie »

Wow!,, that is a very cool and creative build, nice work.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

That's a great piece of work, and very imaginative! I have a huge box of spares that I've been keeping since restarting modelling (I can't bear to throw away unused parts :roll:) plus two tank lower hulls (courtesy of Greg ;-)) that I really need to have a go at making use of. I hope it'll look half as good as yours :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Jez
Getting well comfy!

Post by Jez »

Thanks for your kind feedback folks.Really was a refreshing change.Iggie -go for it - justifies keeping all those bits and confirms the refrain we all tell ourselves ' may come in useful one day'.I may have another crack - though I did find it very time consuming, what with all the head scratching and umming and arring with there being no instructions.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”