GB Administrator Change

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

PaulBradley
Staring out the window

GB Administrator Change

Post by PaulBradley »

Attention, UAMFers, a quick announcement! If you can't hear me at the back, please raise your hand. If you don't speak English, I will type this slower and louder. Subtitles are available for the blind.

Just a quick note to let you all know that, with immediate effect, John R is stepping down as Group Build Administrator for UAMF. John has done this for many years now and has set up a robust and effective system of running our GBs - please give him a big round of applause for his sterling efforts! Alan/Splash and I will be taking over admin duties, so please direct your future queries to us.

As some of you may know, John and his wife, Annette, recently welcomed a new addition to their home - a baby grill which they have named Barbie. I'm sure you'll wish to join me in congratulating them, with the hope of getting a nice pulled pork sandwich in the future. Getting to grips with his new role as grillmaster will be a full-time job for John, so we fully understand his desire to devote more time to this new addition.

John has invited us all round on June 31st for a big bash to celebrate. To get to his house, turn left at Washington DC and follow the smell of burning burgers to the ocean. John's house in on the sandbank and will be marked by a column of smoke.

For those of you who don't know Splash and I, I'm the tall one on the left. You may remember us from our various media appearances; I'm often asked "Do I know you from somewhere?" to which I reply, "I don't know - where have you been?"

Anyways, should you have any questions regarding Group Builds, please PM Alan and/or myself and we'll sort you out. Except if you have a complaint - those always go to Alan; he's currently taking lessons from John on how to do a Hard Stare.

Thank you all for your attention; we now send you back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: GB Administrator Change

Post by VickersVandal »

Wait...I didn't quite catch all that. It was a bit muffled. Are you saying you're taking over the management of the Bee Gees? Are they still performing? I had no idea! Anyway, how on earth are you going to source the kind of trousers that they need for their performances? I believe they have been made illegal now*.

Good on you guys for taking over from John, who has done an outstanding job! I'm sure you'll do likewise.

* sweet mercy who allowed this??
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
iggie

Post by iggie »

Well that explains the strange smell of burning every time we have a westerly wind...

A big thanks to John for his sterling work on keeping all the GBs in order (and all the GB leaders too :shock:), at least spinning all those plates should be good practice for serving up the grub on the 31st June :-D

Good luck to you and Alan, you've got big shoes to fill :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Amazing job done (and patience shown) by John. Thanks, John.

David
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Big thanks to John for doing the job for many years.
Up in the Great White North
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Cheers John for doing an outstanding job, if the world comes to an end then it will probably be my fault so I will apologise now and get it over.

As Paul said, between us we will try to run the GB administration in a very similar way that it has always been run, as both of use believe, there is no need for changing for the sake of changing as it’s not broken so no need to fix.

I’m just disappointed that I live too far away to help John test his new grill and with the current problems with the postal system, I suspect that if he sends be a Berger it will be cold by the time it gets here.

Regards Alan
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

You'll be fine Alan, just don't press the button marked 'End World' :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
wokka

Post by wokka »

A hard act to follow but I'm sure the new Administrators will be up to the task. Just one final point, I like my Burgers just a little juicy and plenty of onions with the hotdogs. :lol:
It's only pain, work through it.
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

Thanks for your work as GB admin and for guiding me through my first go at GBL John and well done to Paul & Alan for picking up the baton.
Complete: Airfix 1/400 Mary Rose, 1/72: Airfix Swordfish Mk1 Floatplane, Airfix R.A.F. R.E.8, Airfix Hannover CL.111a, Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero, Curtiss P40B Warhawk
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

I'll certainly join the others in thanking John for his sterling work over the years keeping this lot in line, and I wish you and Alan the best of luck filling his shoes!

If there're any Veggie burgers going on this grill I'm there!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

A massive thank you to John for the huge effort that has gone into the admin and control of the GBs, the calendars and indexes(sic) and so on - much appreciated by many of us I know. ;-)

Good luck to Splash and Paul - I will be watching out for any obvious bias being given towards Navally, floaty and armoury type themes being OK'd by Alan and gawd knows what kind of weirdness being accepted by Paul :ha: :ha: :ha:
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

beany wrote:A massive thank you to John for the huge effort that has gone into the admin and control of the GBs, the calendars and indexes(sic) and so on - much appreciated by many of us I know. ;-)

Good luck to Splash and Paul - I will be watching out for any obvious bias being given towards Navally, floaty and armoury type themes being OK'd by Alan and gawd knows what kind of weirdness being accepted by Paul :ha: :ha: :ha:
You have me sussed already :ha: :ha: :ha:

Regards Alan
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

beany wrote: and gawd knows what kind of weirdness being accepted by Paul :ha: :ha: :ha:
Oi, I resemble that remark!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
fredk

Post by fredk »

My thanks to John as well, for all he's done.
soooo, it takes two to replace him?

I'm sorry I'll miss the party on June 31st, thats the night the Irish mission to the Sun launches and I'll be in the engine room stoking the boiler with turf and tapping the steam pressure gauge with my finger and shouting 'she canna take nae more capt'n'
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
RayS

Post by RayS »

I'll add my thanks to John for the short time I have been here, and I look forward to working with the new admins with my feeble attempts at finishing my GB entries.
Ray
-----------------------

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”