RN Hawk crashed in Cornwall

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
DavidWomby
Modelling Gent and Scholar

RN Hawk crashed in Cornwall

Post by DavidWomby »

Just off the BBC:

A Royal Navy plane has crashed in a field in Cornwall.

Two pilots are being checked for injuries after ejecting from a Hawk aircraft from the 736 Naval Air Squadron, based at RNAS Culdrose, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) confirmed.

An investigation into the crash "will begin in due course", the MOD said.

Police said they received reports of an aircraft crashing in the St Martins area of Helston and have asked people to avoid the area.

David
iggie

Re: RN Hawk crashed in Cornwall

Post by iggie »

Thank God they both got out OK and that there don't appear to be any serious injuries to them or any casualties on the ground
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Agreed Jim. So glad they got out OK.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Sad about the loss of a Hawk but very glad to her there were no casualties.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Stuart wrote:Sad about the loss of a Hawk but very glad to her there were no casualties.
That's the main thing. The Hawk will soon be pulled out of service, according to the latest policies and defence decisions. Apparently, the Red Arrows will retain theirs, plus a few others as spares, but the team are still under threat, yet again. I believe that there is a plan to look for sponsorship to keep them going. They'll start to look like Formula One cars, with lots of company logos. I believe the modellers here have built something similar in the past. The rest will go. 100 Sqn look to lose their aggressors, so they'll have to find another mount, though it has been said that Aggressor aircraft will be privately run. Sounds like a bad idea. The ministers seem more intent that ever on unmanned combat aircraft, such as the new Mosquito, which should be flying in 2 years. I seem to remember this ideology back in the early 60's. They didn't have the technology then, so I suppose that's on the cards for the future.
So many models, so little time.
wokka

Post by wokka »

Trust the UK government to turn the UK forces into a laughing stock.

I'll shut up now
It's only pain, work through it.

Return to “General Chat”