been a bit absent recently

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Early Bird Fan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

been a bit absent recently

Post by Early Bird Fan »

my time on here has been a bit hit and miss recently, i've been busy with work and also our sideline business has needed more attention recently due to a big order or two which is handy.

To cap it off we unexpectedly lost our beloved golden cocker spaniel last week which has left us both a bit heartbroken and left me with no mojo for modelling or doing much of anything. We put her in for what we thought was a routine plaque cleaning job and the vet ended up removing 35 of her teeth, the whole experience seemed to traumatise her and she mentally shut down and refused to eat or even acknowledge us. We tried to care for her for a couple of days but as she was clearly getting weaker we had to make that decision that all pet owners dread.

I'm starting to get the itch to build something so will see what this week brings, i also need to look in and see what you lot have been up to to get my juices flowing again.
Current Builds:
Revell 1/48 S.e.5a
Revell 1/72 P-47 'bolt
Frog 1/72 Bleriot X1
iggie

Re: been a bit absent recently

Post by iggie »

Very sad to read of the loss of your dog, having recently been through the same you have our sympathy and condolences :sad:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
chrism

Post by chrism »

If building a model is a spare time activity, it is the first thing you drop and sideline when things happen. Family and real lives always come first take another week or two or however many you need, you'll know when the time to return to a model is right
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Condolences about your Pup. Our 10 yo. labradoodle Monty died suddenly last month, and we were devastated. I brought his ashes home yesterday. It takes time.
Up in the Great White North
wokka

Post by wokka »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet, there's no pressure to build or do anything, all in your own time when you feel ready.
It's only pain, work through it.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your companion. They truly become one of the family and it is so very hard to let them go. Cherish the memories, and console yourself with the knowledge that you did the right thing by them.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sorry to hear about this, EB, you have my sympathy. Dogs become very much part of a family.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Oh, very sorry to hear about this - it seems like such an unexpected outcome making it really rough to handle.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

So sorry to hear about your loss of your four legged family member. Thoughts are with you.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Return to “General Chat”