Back again.

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Chuck E
Established 1949

Back again.

Post by Chuck E »

Hi folks,

I have been missing for a while due to other things getting in the way. I have felt a little detached from modelling for a while, but hope to get back in the saddle before too long. Basically, me and my other half are gearing ourselves up for retirement and are trying to get some of the big stuff out of the way now. This includes some heavy work around the house and gardens. Just a couple of things to do and we should be sorted.

On my side of things I am finishing off the workshop and garage, which will provide me with space to move models out of the attic. Since breaking my ankle, getting up to the attic has become a bit of an issue. It was a pretty bad break, and though it doesn't stop me from walking about and driving, it does make climbing ladders a problem. I have modified the hatch, ladder and rails, so that I can get a good grip on the inside of the hatch to pull me up, but I feel that now is the time to make changes. My garage hasn't had a car in it for years, so this will become my new model store and music gear store. Nice and big, dry and very accessible. All tools and benches will go into the Workshop, but this needs to be a lot more user friendly. It was falling down the couple of steps that broke my ankle. It also needs a new roof. That will go ahead as soon as the good weather gets here.

Once this is all complete, as it should have been 2 years ago, my nice little model room will be free of junk and clutter. Then I can try and catch up.

Hoping to get to Newcastle IMPS show in June, but that looks like all I'll be doing. Our own DMMS Sword & Lance show is still on hold.

Nice to be back, even though I'm not doing much modelling at the moment. Hope you are all doing well.

Cheers,

Chuck
So many models, so little time.
DavidWomby
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Back again.

Post by DavidWomby »

Good to hear from you again. Sorry about the ankle but you seem to be managing.

David
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

We all have those moments when reality rudely interrupts hobbies. No need to apologise hopefully when you have reconfigured normal services will resume.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
iggie

Post by iggie »

Good to hear your ankle is on the mend and good luck with the retirement! Looking forward to seeing you back at the bench 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Hope all goes with your retirement preparations, and welcome back.

Nigel
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome back ! Take good care of that ankle.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
TeeELL

Post by TeeELL »

Retirement is great, I’ve been practicing it for 15 years now!
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
wokka

Post by wokka »

pleased to hear you're on the mend, just don't rush too much getting things done, they'll be plenty of time with retirement.
It's only pain, work through it.
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Welcome back!

David
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Oh no! Broken ankle! Can't walk around, better stay at your modelling table. Get well soon?
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Thanks Folks. You are very kind, nice people. :)

I have been busy over the last two days and have cleared away all the junk that was cluttering up the model building space. Had a nice, relaxing day just sorting out the model boxes and making sure I had all the stuff together, ready for the nice weather. All looking good. It's nice and sunny in there, and the adjoining porch has a clear poly-carbonate roof, so it is warm, even on chilly days.

After two bouts of furlough and 3 months with my leg in plaster, I really got a lot of modelling done. Most of it was early jets and a lot of Korean War models. Some are here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/23594891@ ... 3732737807

I'm having fun with two little residents that found the bird feed box. One was a very fat mouse. He looked very well fed after wintering at Chez Rutland. He got evicted to the bottom of the garden, down by the back fence. The other little perisher is just cheeky. He sits and watches me until I get very close, then vanishes into a gap behind the cupboards. I have set humane traps for him, but no luck so far. Trying some more humane ones tonight. I can't find my old mouse cage, so I won't be adopting him. I'm pretty sure this one is a field mouse. He's very small. Back to the field he can go. When I get the garage sorted, the models will be in either plastic trays, or wooden cabinets, so they should be mouse proof.

A couple of years back a mouse had made its home in a large speaker cab in the garage. It has a 15" 250 watt speaker and a bullet horn. I use a pair of them in the garden for barbies. It shot out of the bass port at around 60 mph.

Thanks again for the cheery notes.
So many models, so little time.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Welcome home, Chuck!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Sorry Chuck. Thought I had commented on this. Welcome back to the playpen. Great to see you back.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Good to see you again, Chuck.

I hope you have an enjoyable retirement.
MDT

Post by MDT »

Great to see you back again, Chuck!

Return to “General Chat”